Chapter One

Hey guys! Here it is! The beginning of Bound by Desire! Usually I wait until the story is complete then post, but, in this case, since a few of you guys asked for it, I decided to go ahead and post it. PLEASE!!! PLEASE keep in mind that this is VERY UNEDITED!  

Please feel free to comment, as I love hearing from you and one of my favorite things in the funny comments. 

Enjoy!

A/N: 8/1/20 I am going to post the uploaded most recent version of this story. It's been mostly edited, but I feel like I've probably missed some things still. A few of the chapters change, I know one does significantly. Sorry for the notif overload to my followers. 

"It's not that I want her dead." The blond Aos Si paced the room, leather-clad arms crossed over his chest. "She has done nothing to me personally. But in order to take the throne, in order to protect it, I need her dead. There is a difference. I'm not as bloodthirsty as some of the Unseelie can be. I don't usually kill for fun."

Naiel remained silent.

"This would have all been over had it not been for your interference. You wouldn't be here. We wouldn't be having this discussion." The man continued his walk around the room. "You have no right to be influencing what happens in my court."

Naiel lifted his head and opened a single bloody eye. "This is not your court."

"Not yet, but it will be. Already, Rosewen searches for you and she will find you. I've made sure of that. Breadcrumbs will bring her to your side, but I'll be waiting."

"She won't come, Kornae. She'll know something is wrong."

"Oh, she will. If not for you, then for her daughter." Kornae stopped in front of him. "You see, I've learned something about Eve. Something valuable. Something that will bring her right into the heart of the palace."

"But you won't share this bit of information, of course," Naiel said.

"Of course I will." He stepped behind Naiel and pulled on the cloth that covered his back. The hooks were still embedded deep in his back. "Who are you going to tell?" He came around to look at Naiel.

The chained Fae refused to give voice to his pain, refused to let Kornae have the satisfaction of hearing the screams echoing through his head.

The blond Fae gave that empty smile, the scar running from his right eye only accentuating the coldness of the dark blue. "She loves, Naiel. She loves those you sent her to. Though she might not be pure Unseelie, it will be a shame to take one from faerie that could love those monstrosities."

"This from you?"

"You misunderstand me. I'm impressed. And thrilled. All I need to do is take one of them. Take one and she will go against faerie itself to get him back. Ah, love. Such a wonderfully exploitable emotion. But you know this, don't you, my friend."

"What happened to you, Kornae? You were once Unseelie's greatest defender."

"I know about the prophecy, Naiel. I know what her child brings. I am still defending my home." Blue eyes turned away and Naiel took a breath. "Take him," Kornae said aloud. There was no one else in the room, but the chains attached to the hooks jerked into motion, pulling the Fae upwards and Kornae got his screams.

***

The miles disappeared beneath the bike as Fallon sped them toward the cabin he had built as shelter from the sun. A cabin that had almost brought tears to her eyes when she realized how many times he had stayed there, searching in vain for the monster that destroyed his life. All the times he was there alone, after visiting his family's burial site.