👑 WINNERS - CONTEST #3

This is the moment! We apologize for the delays but we finally have a winner for contest #3 concerning spring break! Congratulations to jaxharlow! Jax won with an amazing 96 out of a possible 100 points! We commend you for your hard work and thank you so much for submitting! You can check out the entry titled "The Last Glimpse" from our reading list titled | p r o j e c t r e a l i z e | and | w i n n e r w o r k s | or go to jax's profile (and maybe leave a follow!)

Here is what it looks like!

Here is an excerpt from jax's entry!

"SIMULATION #20480 RELEVANT SEQUENCE ENDS

What the hell?

The inmates are never conscious by this point. Troy doesn’t know what takes them, guilt or God or whatever the fuck, but they’re always gone by the end of the sequence. This bastard is gasping, though, and Troy is out of water.

He goes over to stand by the inmate. 'What?'

The inmate’s eyes flutter open, and he arches his back. 'Please,' he begs. 'Please.'

'What the fuck do you want, dude? You should be roasting in goddamn hell at this point.'

'I want to go home,' the inmate says, and he falls flat, just as his pulse does on the monitor.

'Good God,' Troy mutters, and he presses a button to let the cleaning crew know it’s time."

Here is the evaluation!

JaxHarlow - The Last Glimpse

• Character Development (30 points) - The character development in this was not exactly clear. We weren't sure if it was the development of the protagonist or the murderer but there was character development present for both of them. In a way, both experienced the same event and suffered the same fate and they developed in that way which was great! (28/30)

• Details (20 points) - There was just the right amount of detail present to make it enough for a short story. The details were put just where they were needed and really helped us visualize the story clearly. (20/20)

• Relevancy (25 points) - This was definitely relevant with the protagonist going on her spring break trip with the darker undertone present which still tied in very well. (23/25)

• Creativity (15 points) - This was definitely creative with an alternate take on the forms of Justice served in another society. This whole other society needs a book itself! We were fascinated with the techniques for the prisoners and the simulations and it was very refreshing to read. One of our most creative entries! (15/15)