The final goodbyes.

The service was held in a beautiful church in town. Luckily for me, my family invested in an elegant casket of white marble with a floral pattern around the edges. Just the sight of it pleased me, and to know I was the host filled me a dark, eerie pleasure I've never felt before.

My mother and sister must have chosen my clothing. My pale corpse lied in that casket draped in a gold dress, with black outlining the ends. It appeared pretty, I admit, but my wrists were fully visible, which kind of concerns me.

I stared at myself for a long time. My eyes were shut gently, and my mouth opened ever so slighty. Pain. It looked like I was in pain.

The rope left a long bruise around my neck for the whole world to see, and not one single person failed to observe it. It certainly impressed the funeral guests.

All of my classmates came to say they loved me and would miss me. A couple of them, even almost strangers, took the podium and gave eulogies. They made me seem important, and loved. I just wish they would have told me those wonderful things when I could still hear.

One shaggy-hair boy whose name was unknownst to me confidently told the people he thought I was a very caring person, and that it was unfortunate that I would no longer grace the Earth. I should have befriended him a long time ago.

A very pretty girl with blonde hair and blue eyes, who I did recognize, shared with us a story from when elementary school, and when we would play together at recess. Those were times when I could still have fun.

A quiet boy that used to be my neighbored begged for it all to be some kind of twisted joke. The truth in his voice genuinly made me nervous.

A popular but dimwitted cheerleader from my Algebra class said she was jealous of my intellect.

A childhood friend of mine tried to speak, but his gasping for breath held him back. He looks a lot different from when I saw him last, but I assume he could say the same to me, given the fact that I'm laying down in a coffin and all.

Finally the minister took over and they all prayed. For me.

Quite a lot of time passed before I noticed every person in attendence held tears in their eyes.

It's funny, the whole time this happened, rain come down heavier than ever before outside.