Chapter 5

L I L L I A N A

A month later.

"Fuck," I cursed no one but myself for being in this condition.

Almost a month went by, Dominic didn't make a single move ever since he showed up at the cafe. Except for a man tailing me, he had nothing on me. And it was driving me mad.

I didn't take Dominic for a subtle man. He had lived his life like he fucked the women in his bed - raw, hard, and bold.

Irrationality was his vice.

So, I had to do something irrational to get his attention. If that meant letting a local goon beat me up in a dark alley, well, so be it.

Pain shot through me at every twist and turn of my body as I pick up the ringing cell phone. "What?" I grunted.

"You are missing work," Andrew said over the phone, pissing me off some more.

"How many fucking times have I told you not to call me for your silly chitchats?"

"Relax, I have news," he informed with a hint of seriousness.

"What?"

"Vittelos are dead, wiped out."

I wasn't shocked or surprised. If Romanos set a mind on someone, they obliterate them sooner or later. Vittelos was stupid, reckless, and cock-less. His end was inevitable.

"No wonder Dominic was busy," I said drily.

"That's not the only thing. The man you hired to rough you up in the alley didn't show up for the rest of the payment. What kind of a goon forgets to take payment for the job?"

"Least of my concern. Anything else?"

"Marco Alessi is back in Chicago."

Now, this news got me upright. "Why would Viktor's deadliest enforcer be back in the city when everything is over?"

"I am yet to find out. But whatever it is, be careful, Lill. Marco Alessi is always bad news. There's nothing off-limits about this man."

It was true. Marco Alessi was known as The Butcher in the underworld and was equivalent to an army of hundreds. Worst, he was loyal to Viktor.

"I will be."

Snapping the call, I hid the cell phone underneath the bed in a wooden chamber. Contemplating that I need a better plan to get into the mansion, I skimmed through several possibilities to get past Viktor and Marco. The Romanos was now more powerful than yesterday with Vittelos gone.

Before my musing could get any further, the sound of the something cracking robbed my attention. The heavy footsteps approached the bedroom as I intuitively grabbed the lampstand from the table.

No sooner than the door opened, I struck the silly object at the intruder.

Only to realize was none other than him.

Dominic, the devil, Romano.

****************************

D O M I N I C

The bedroom door was ajar as I strode towards it. I reached out for the knob to push it open. But all of a sudden, something slammed hard against my shoulders catching me off guard. Before the next blow could land, instinctively, I moved away and grabbed the wrist of the attacker.

And when I turned around, I saw the face. Liliana.

Capturing her wrist with one hand, I took the bloody lamp stand with other hand and threw it away. Without another word, I gripped both her wrists in one hand, walked her back to the same creaky bed and plopped her ass down on it.