Legend of Zelda - Time's Saga First Life: Prince of Power

A/N: Thank you for reading Time's Saga! I'm honored that you chose to read this. This note will be long, but I want to clarify some important things.

(This story can be found on FanFiction.net under the same name and author. I finally convinced myself to start posting to other places, so be assured that if you find it elsewhere under TheFriendlyCritiquer it wasn't copied.)

This story has been heavily inspired by a few works. If you've read them, you'll probably know which elements I speak of. But I would like to credit those authors who have inspired me and encouraged me to commit to writing this.

First is: Child of the Sun, written by Author of Doom Rin

The first portion of Time's Saga will follow a similar plotline, but rest assured, this story is its own story. I believe the characters and situations are of my own design.

(And for the record, I do not own Legend of Zelda or its characters.)

Second is: Legacies and Bloodlines, by nolandsman

Her work, world-building, and style of writing I hope to emulate. Its plotline is vastly different from mine, but I'll be borrowing some of the elements she has written to help with the Time's Saga world.

Third is: Desert Blight by jclbs

It's a fun story that I think brings the essence of LoZ to the forefront. I've immensely enjoyed this story.

And lastly is: By Fate written by Hawthourne

Hawthourne has done a wonderful job of characterizing without taking things too far out of hand. I hope that I follow a similar pattern.

Time's Saga will be exploring an expanded version of OoT through four 'books', though that's a loose term, called 'lives'. There is a main overarching plot, but as far as things are currently progressing, it's slow going. *Just warning you.* I personally enjoy immersing myself in stories and that's how this one will be written.

Above all I want to make the characters seem real and human, villains included. I am not condoning acts of evil or violence but Ganondorf's story is too rich and open to not explore. And try to put yourself in Link's shoes (beyond just playing the game) and think of how that trauma could affect a kid. I don't want to make this too dark of a series, but there will be sad/ dark/ depressing/ angst moments. Thankfully though, there will also be happy family times, romance, fun, adventure, and friendship. I'm even planning a bit of high school shenanigans as well!

I would like your help and input to make this story as best as possible, so please, Read and Review! I already have a clear direction, but if good suggestions come along, or you would like to see a particular character from any of the games make an appearance, I'll see what I can do!

So without further ado, I present:

Legend of Zelda

 Time's Saga

Prince of Power

"Alright, quiet down and I'll tell you a story about a princess and her knight. Yes, this is one of your favorites, Link. I know that. So let us begin: A long, long time ago there was a beautiful princess. One day, during the Kingdom's celebration for the Piccori, darkness covered the land..."

Chapter 1: Lady Marie

Marie couldn't help but smile at her young child as she rocked in a chair next to the crackling fireplace. A light and sweet tune passed her lips in the form a lullaby to calm the screaming boy. This tender moment passed, and the mother was all too aware of how quickly her child was growing. It also helped that her mother-in-law reminded her to constantly appreciate these moments.