Shadower

It's so hard to tell if you're there.

Your best disguise is the shadows of the night, and the words left unsaid.

Your life, like everyone else, is a story, but one that can't be read.

Whenever you flash a smile, I know that it's one flat-out lie.

When you are faced with the knife of fear, you don't fight but fly.

That you are holding the truth, and you want to pry the lock to your own cage.

To unleash all the sadness, the bittersweet memories, and all of your infuriated rage.

Why did you ever lock your own world into a little box of solitude?

Will you just come and sit with me for a while? I want to hear everything you have to say.

You look like a person who has braved more than most.

You look like you need a shoulder and a scaffolding to lean on, and that's ok

After all, we all fall down and withdraw from the world to the depths of fantasy

But it's been too long, and trust me when I say the world misses you in an ineffable way.

After all, strength is not denying but embracing our weaknesses.

Fear was never meant to be conquered, but to be replaced with the creation of our hearts.

I will help you heal the broken parts.

So come, sit and stay for a while and tell me everything. Anything. Something. And it will suffice.

The Beginning (Trust me, it isn't the end yet)