5 • Freed

Pretend they have phones in this one.

The younger generation of the guild had decided to play truth or dare.

I sat down next to Mira and surprisingly Laxus. "Okay Y/N, truth or dare?" Mira asks looking at me.

"Dare obviously, I'm not a chicken." I joke.

She smirks, "you knew this would eventually happen... you have to tell your crush you like them."

I groan as a blush creeps onto my face. I turn to Laxus, "it's not you but can you send a message to the person?"

He looked confused. "Depends.. who is it?" He asks.

I take a deep breath. "Freed," I whisper in his ear.

He nods, "can do I guess."

Laxus reaches in his pocket and brings out his phone. "Okay, moving on, just so everyone knows though it is NOT Laxus." I say, "Uhm... Freed! Truth or dare?"

Freed's phone goes off. "Uhm dare, one minute while I get this." He says looking at his phone.

"Okay... I dare you to-" I get cut off by Natsu yelling.

"Woah Y/N! You like Freed?!" Natsu yells looking over Freed's shoulder.

I blush and quickly stand up to run out of the guildhall. I was stopped by an invisible wall. "My dare?" Freed asks.

"I dare you to confront your crush I guess," I mumble.

He chuckles, "I thought you may say that, well it's you Y/N."

I blush even more and fake a little laugh, "good joke, can I leave now?"

"Y/N he actually likes you..." Mira says.

I sit back down, "explain then?"

"But the whole guild is here," Freed says.

I huff, "fine."

Mira smiles, "I can explain it!"

Freed looks over at her. "I'll just have a moment with Y/N then, some days your explaining goes far." He jokes.

I see the wall barrier disappear meaning he would like for me to step out.

We step out and stand in awkward silence for a moment. "So... can you explain?" I ask.

He nods, "well we've been friends for a long time and after I spent the whole month teaching you spells I started to realize I liked you."

I blush and look down, kicking around a rock. "I guess it's the same for me when you taught me the spells I saw a patient and soft side of you.." I mumble.

He tips my chin up and looks into my eyes, "I don't just like you Y/N... I love you."

I hear yelling from inside of the guildhall. "FREED AND Y/N IS BECOMING CANNON! I REPEAT CANNON!" Laxus yells.

I smile, "I love you too... it seems like the guild has known longer than we both have."

He laughs, "yeah, Laxus always knew I liked you, that's why he messaged me right away."

"B- but if we date how would that work? The Thunder Legion wouldn't accept me, I'm too weak!" I say.

He smiles, a rare sight. "That's the thing, they've all known I liked you, they already said if we ever ended up dating that they would accept you." He says.

I nod. It would only be because they wouldn't want to ruin anything, not because I'm strong or anything like that.

I feel pressure on my lips. "Freed.." I mumble as I pull back from the kiss.

"I'm sorry Y/N I didn't mean to-" I stop him.

I kiss him back as I hear squeals and screams coming from the doors of the Guild Hall.

I giggle as we break the kiss. "I think it's time we go back," I mumble, still close to his face.

He nods, "yeah, they're going to tear the place apart waiting for us. But one thing!"

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks.

I squeal and nod, "of course!"

I smile and hug him tightly before going inside.

Natsu noticed my light-tinted lipstick on Freed's mouth. "THEY KISSED!" Natsu screams.

I blush and look down. "Let's continue the game," Freed says.

We all agree and sit back down. Laxus nudges me. "So you guys had a moment?" He jokes.

I jokingly push him, "shut upppp!"

A rare smile crept onto his face, "I don't care if you don't want to join, you're automatically part of the Thunder Legion."

I look up at him, "thanks."

"Anytime, you're like a little sister to me somedays." He jokes.

I groan, "don't start with that again you jerk!"

I could see Freed smiling at me and his best friend getting along instead of getting into fights.