OPEN LETTER

Daddy,
I can't speak for the motives of others, but you know I love you; through the good, bad and indifferent... you know I'd never intentionally try to deceive or hurt you. My greatest fear is you hearing about this and feeling as if you never meant anything to me. My greatest fear is you thinking everything we've shared was bullshit, because no matter where we stand, your feelings still matter to me. I want you to understand I left because I had to, but I also want you to know that as long as you are breathing I'll never stop believing in your ability to get better. I will NEVER give up on believing in you, but I had to love me enough to choose me.
I think the problem with a lot of 'them' is they were only ever in it for your image, and I must admit, initially he's the only you I knew, so I was too. However, somewhere along the lines... I fell in love with the man; the real you, and that man needs aid beyond what I am able to provide; that man is broken beyond what I can fix. Me telling this story is ultimately apart of my healing. It makes me feel good to know that there may be someone out there who can relate to my feelings and experiences, understand our struggle and make better decisions because of it.
Yet, I apologize in advance if you ever receive any backlash as a result of this, because God knows I've tried my hardest to protect the both of us in this.
Love you always,
Daddy's Girl