Chapter 1

Alaska's POV -Written by CaboosesTwin123-

---------------------------------------------

"Bwah!" I yelled as I immediately sat up.

I flinched away as a hand tried to push me back down.

"What the heck!?!?" I yelled, completely confused.

"Do you remember anything, Sky?" A woman on the left of me asked.

"No!" I told her, still freaked.

"That's... That's good." she said.

"What do you mean that's good!?!? I'd like to know where I am, please!" I yelled at her, not caring if I was being rude and disrespectful.

"You're in Project Freelancer." The lady said.

"Project whatta what!?!?" I screamed, getting louder ever moment.

"Please calm yourself." The woman said nervously.

I face-palmed, rubbing my head which was aching something terrible.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I just freaked out. I can't really remember where I came from or anything. I just want to know what's going on."

"I'll try to explain to you in the best way possible." the lady said, taking a deep breath.

"Thank you." I said, sighing.

"We've taken notice to how young you are, so instead of you going on missions that could potentially kill you, instead we've decided we could use a younger soldier to go on missions that other older freelancers would never be able to complete. So for example, if there was a tight space that nobody could fit through, you would be the only one small enough to fit through whatever space it was. Unless it was completely closed or only a mouse could fit through it. But, we decided we could also use you for computers here at The Mother Of Invention. You know how to work a computer, yes?" She asked.

I nodded. This was a lot of information, and i'd probably forget everything by tomorrow. Might as well listen anyway.

"We will teach you even more advanced ways to use technology such as hacking and things. Of course you will train with other soldiers in combat as well." she finished.

I sighed. This was gonna be tough, I could already tell.

"So when does this training begin?" I asked.

Someone walked over to me and helped me up.

"Your training begins now, Agent Alaska." The person said.

---------------------------------------------

The person had led me to my armor and said he was sent by the director to tell me to get ready to train in combat.

So I was gonna get beat up on the first day in a new place. Isn't that delightful?

Now I was standing in the training arena, new armor on. It was a dark gray with electric blue on certain pieces.

I didn't know the names of the other freelancers, but I knew I had been codenamed Alaska. I think the guy had mentioned something about all of us being named after states... I don't know.

"Hand to hand combat. Sure you can handle going against the best of the project, newbie?" A man in tan armor beside me said.

I pondered the question.

"Sure," I said after the longest time. "I can take 'em."

"You'll learn you can't real fast." he said under his breath.

I'm sure he probably thought I couldn't hear him, but I had, so I shrugged.

"Begin training." a voice said, and I ran forward, taking on an spartan with black armor.

Immediately, I was on the ground.

"Well I'll be darned." I said.

The round went on for a bit longer until the other team won finally. I started to realize why the man in tan armor had said what he had. These soldiers were awesome.