NINE

Beauty

Beauty.

Nobody can ever deny in this life that, they never think of their outward beauty. Even if it isn't always, but once in a while. My problem was that, I thought about mine all the time.

It took Toye a while before she finally came to visit me. She was very mad at me and what I had done. "Beauty comes differently," she said," Everyone has what makes them beautiful. And you, my dear, are one of the most beautiful people I know if only the entire universe had your heart, the world would be a better place. And besides my dear, some of this beauty stuff gets tiring. It sometimes gets disgusting. It sometimes makes me question myself. I've been harassed multiple times because of my face and body. I've also been shamed, for nothing at all. Some call me slut, while some don't just like me, they think I'm proud because I'm pretty. It's even hard to know who truly care for you and, who truly loves you. I've been in relationships that, all the person wanted to do was show their friends that I'm their girlfriend; while some of my friends or rather ex-friends simply wanted to be acquainted with a pretty face, they didn't really care. It's one of the greatest vanity ever, and it is very frustrating. Until you came along dear, I never really met anyone who actually simply liked me for me, most of them wanted something. So dear, be proud of who you are. No one should make you feel ashamed for the person you are. They should be ashamed instead. The only advice I can give you is that, eat healthy rather. It's better to be healthy. That's all that matter, your health." Her words sank deep that, it rendered me speechless and made me start rethinking things. Toye made me realize that, it wasn't how long a person knows you that shows how big their love is for you. But, they're words and actions. Friendship isn't built on years, but rather on love and care.

Jon also came to visit. He was also hurt and told me I was beautiful the way I was, and didn't need to change anything about myself. He encouraged me and tried to make me feel better.

It was that moment I realized, some people don't care about your looks, all they care about is your heart. And the ones who truly care would come and stay.