II

.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

HARRY grinned, turning around to talk more about yet another one of his house parties. "Hey, bring vodka. It's byob."

Henry rolled his eyes, slipping his phone back into the back pocket of his black skinny jeans. "Drown your liver in alcohol, why don't you," he mumbled to himself, not understanding how being so reckless was entertaining to his ever so slightly older brother.

Even as children, Harry was always the outgoing, courageous Bingham son. Henry was always the one to hang back at home, being such an introvert.

Cassandra, Will, and Allie walked towards them, overhearing the group's conversation about the party. 

Cassandra's eyebrows rose, mocking shock. "Having another party, Harry? How nice of you to invite everyone."

Henry winced at the salt in her tone, feeling guilty even though he also wasn't even technically invited to the party. 

The younger Bingham brother chewed his lower lip, making contact with the blonde girl's blue irises. "Y-you're more than welcome-"

Harry snapped, his eyes leaving his girlfriend, Kelly, to roll his eyes in Cassandra's direction. "Would you even come, Cassandra?"

Allie huffed from behind her sister, clearly annoyed as she crossed her sweater-sleeve covered arms. "Is that really the point, Harry?"

Kelly's eyes darted around the room as to take in the awkward atmosphere. She spoke towards Cassandra. "It's not for the play, it's for people helping out with prom...but if you want to com-"

Cassandra shook her head, quite clearly biting her tongue. "No thanks, but, hey, great job everyone."

Before she exited with Allie and Will following, Grizz spoke up. "Hey, Cassandra, you were really great tonight."

Henry smiled over at Grizz, who sent him back a warm grin.  Though they had never been close, Grizz always seemed to have a good vibe surrounding him and Henry respected him for always putting out good energy, especially since he was friends with some real douche-bags.

Cassandra smiled. "Thank you, Grizz. See you guys later." She waved to the general group before leaving the auditorium.

"Drive safely!" Henry called after her.

Cassandra responded, laughing kindly at her friends affection. "Love you Henry!"

.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

The school parking lot was dark, illuminated only by the neon gas station sign across the street and the orbs of light sourced from the lamp posts. The two brothers were some of the last to leave the scene after the play, Harry staying behind to socialize and Henry staying because...well, Harry had the keys.

Harry sorted through his backpack in search of the keys to their "shared" jet black Maserati. "If you're trying to get laid, Cassandra isn't the way to go. She's a prude."

Henry, who had been leaning against the passenger side door, felt his own face fall. "W-What?" He felt himself stumble over his own words.

Henry had never intended on coming out of the closet, by any means, but he never wished to project a false narrative about himself. Cassandra was like a best friend to him, despite her strained relationship with Harry.

Harry chuckled, still struggling to find the keys in his bottomless mess of a backpack. "The small talk? Trying to invite her to the party? I see past your tactics, Hen."

Henry swallowed thickly, trying not to let his aggression seep through into his expression. "She's my friend, Harry. Which you would understand if you had any true friendships in your life."

Harry scowled, leaning over the hood of the car to stare down his younger brother. He whispered harshly, his dark brown eyes staring through his younger brother's faux facade of toughness. "Come on, man. You can find a better beard than her."

Henry stumbled backward, the other boy's words hurting him. "Shut the hell up," he choked, feeling his throat tighten.

Harry grinned, satisfied as he pulled the keys out of his backpack after what seemed like an eternity of searching for them. "Come on, get in the car."

Henry picked his black kanken off the ground, slinging it over and onto his shoulders. "I'm not-"

Harry opened his driver's side door, interrupting his brother's protests harshly. "What? You're not what, Henry?" He snapped, slamming the door shut a moment later.

Henry clenched his fists, unintentionally digging his short nails into his palm.  He put up with a lot of brotherly torment from Harry, but only as of the last few months had the topic changed from his sensitivity to his sexuality.

The two brothers stood nearly nose to nose in the empty parking lot, Henry smelling the liquor tainting his brother's hot breath.

Harry poked him harshly in the chest. "You can't even fucking say it," he snickered, returning to his door, sliding into the driver's seat.

Henry backed away from the vehicle, struggling to breathe. His brother may have always been a dick, but he always seemed to get worse when he drank.

Tears clogged his vision but he refused to let them fall, and more importantly, he stubbornly refused to give Harry the satisfaction of seeing his "pussy" of a little brother crying over a few hurtful words.

Harry spoke through the rolled down window. "Last shot, you coming or not!"

Henry pulled out his phone with sweaty hands, dialing Cassandra's number with shaking fingers. "N-no. I'm not getting in the f-fucking car with you."

Seconds later as Henry heard the ringing of his cellphone cease, Harry was flying through the parking lot without care.

Cassandra's sympathetic voice aired through the speaker of his iPhone. "Henry?"

.*゚・゚。..*。・゚*.

first chapter done :)
comment what you think down below :)