IIII

.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

HENRY YAWNED, WIPING THE persistent sleep from his eyes. He turned, seeing his brother standing beside him in confusion amongst the large circle of teenagers gathered outside the West Ham church. "Have you been able to get a hold of mom?"

Harry shook his head, running a hand through his tousled dark hair. "Her car is still in the driveway. Makes no fucking sense."

He nodded. "Maybe they took an Uber? Caught a last-minute flight?" Henry spoke optimistically, hoping his mom was somewhere safe with his sister.

After Grizz accompanied him on the short walk to his house, he stumbled upstairs and changed into a cozy grey crewneck, leaving on his torn black skinny jeans and slip-on vans. Soon had he realized that the house was oddly quiet, and had come back with no findings after scouring the house for his family, and making numerous attempts to contact his mother.

"Hey, so, who decided we needed a flash mob?"

Henry turned, seeing Grizz walking towards the group with Clarke. He had since changed into a graphic tee with a grizzly bear printed upon it, making Henry chuckle despite the seemingly tense situation the teenagers were in at the moment.

Cassandra folded her arms across her chest stiffly. "I did."

He groaned. "What the fuck, Cassandra-"

She snapped. "Better than 200 people sending texts. Has anyone been able to reach anyone."

The entirety of West Ham high school was gathered outside the town church, after realizing everyone's parents and younger siblings were nowhere to be found.

The general consensus was that nobody had been able to reach contact with their family. To be honest, Henry was getting paranoid. His mom wouldn't leave without sticking a note to the kitchen counter, like she always did.

"Well," Cassandra stumbled over her words, searching for an explanation. With no one helping keep peace, hormone overdrive would be the death of them all, with no adult supervision to keep a bunch of rambunctious teenagers in line. "There's....there's got to be a logical explanation."

"Like what?"

Henry could feel the stress radiating off of the blonde girl, as she tried to remain calm. This situation was terrifying to most of not all of them, and trying to take charge in this time to be a leader was not the easiest task in the world.

"They- uh, they were evacuated. After we left. And there was a miscommunication, and we were brought back here by mistake," Cassandra reasoned.

Kelly shook her head from the back of the group beside Harry and Henry. "Someone would still answer a phone."

As panicked faces reflected across the student body Cassandra tried to keep the population calm, and from panicking.

"I don't know. Maybe they're asleep, maybe they're some place without reception. They're in a shelter with no reception, or something. In the morning, someone will answer a phone-"

"Maybe it's not safe for us to be here. Why would they have left it was?"

Henry chimed in, tired of everyone questioning Cassandra. She knew what she was doing, unlike everyone else. "Cass is right. They probably temporarily evacuated after we left, because of the smell."