~SIXTEEN~

Ashley finally got the courage to stand up and walk.

She was just about to open her bedroom door when she heard the most beautiful thing ever from her daughter's room.

"You know what? You're the best mistake anyone has ever made." It was Jason's voice.

Ashley smiled and walked over to the room, eavesdropping on their conversation.

"I love you Jay..."

Hearing the words from her daughter's mouth made her heart swell.

Amy never told her she loved her. It would always be "I love you, er, I think."

It was the most sweetest thing she has ever said to anyone.

Then she heard Jay say the same thing too. "I love you too, Amy."

She waned to cry, she was a very emotional person.

Ashley heard Amy sniff a little before saying. "Wanna know why I'm always so boyish?"

Ashley felt like screaming Yes! I do! , but she couldn't do that. Instead she waited for an answer from Jay.

"Not really, but go ahead."

Seriously? Is that all you can say?

Ashley so badly wanted to join the discussion.

"Have you seen my mom? If that's how a woman's life should end up then I'm going to be a man."

Ouch. That hurt.

Ashley needed help. She needed to start learning to become a good mother.

Yes, it was a bit late to realise that, but she had to try.

She zoned out on their conversation and went to sit in her own room.

Not to long afterwards someone knocked on her bedroom door.

***

Jason went in the room as soon as Ashley opened it.

"Thank you, Jay, for everything."

He nodded slowly. "You have a negative impact on your daughter."

He watched as Ashley's expression changed.

"Th-that doesn't concern you."

He was aware of how emotional Ashley was. She was almost crying now.

"Maybe it does." Jason stood up and walked to her, slowly.

He was actually walking to the door, but since she was literally standing in front of it, he was walking to her.

"Maybe it does."

They were so close that any further moment would make their lips touch.

Jason couldn't afford that now. The lips of the woman in front of him were touched by many other people.

He stepped back and looked away.

"I must go now."

Ashley looked at him sadly she came closer and moved her hands up his arms.

She smirked before whispering in his ear. "You don't have too."

Jason knew where this was going.

There was a bed behind them and they so close.

He looked at her in the eyes. "Ash please."

He walked to the door but Ashley stopped him with the same words that was said by Amy. "I love you Jay..."

He slowly turned around and faced her.

"What?"

She said it again. And again and ag-. Wait, that was just his imagination, she only said it twice.

That didn't stop him from leaving. He still left. Without saying anything.

He left without saying goodbye.

He was so unsure of his feelings it was driving him crazy!

Was he in love with Ashley Smith? Or was he just bored of being lonely?

He was after all 29 and without a wife nor a girlfriend.

He started his engine and called Nathaniel.

After he picked up, Jason put  it  on speaker and started driving.

"Dude, I need your help with this one lady.."

"What!?" He heard a few groans and moans before he spoke again. "Okay, I'll tell my girlfriend to go home. Then we can talk here."

He was hearing stuff in the background. "You can't just do that! Ugh! I hate you! That underwear is mine as well! Nathan-"

Jason hanged up laughing. Nathaniel was the one he needed to talk to.

For the first time ever, he was glad that he rented his apartment with Nathaniel.