Julie Ertz (Picture Imagine) - Tears Pt. 1

I couldn't get the gif to work, so here's a picture.  Go search up the Gif if you want to.

Alyssa punted the ball all the way into the other box where the French defense and American offense were watching the ball fly toward Y/N whose body was pressed against the 6' 2" Wendie Renard

Y/N jumped up, almost reaching Renard's height, trying to flick the ball toward goal.  But, right before the ball could graze the top of her head, Rendard slammed her head forward and slightly down, trying to go for ball, but missing completely when her head smashed into the back of Y/N's.

The whistle immediately blew when Y/N collapsed face first onto the ground.  Everyone expected her to get up, even after a hard hit like that.  She always got up.

Not that time.  When Y/N was lying on the ground, not moving a muscle, it attracted her teammates.  Specifically the interest of Julie Ertz, her girlfriend of 1 year.

Julie lightly jogged over, not wanting to cause much of a scene by sprinting like she would have if she didn't have self-control.  With worry etched on her face, Julie kneeled down beside Y/N's motionless body.

Julie turned over Y/N so she was facing up and could barely breathe when she saw Y/N fading out of consciousness.  

"Y-Y-Y/N?" Julie's voice shook as she watched Y/N struggle.  

One of Y/N's weak hands softly grabbed Julie's arm, "J-Jules," Julie place a hand on Y/N's cheek.

"Save your energy, baby." Julie interrupted, taking a last look at Y/N's Y/E/C eyes before they completely shut and Y/N's grip on the midfielder's arm was non-existent, causing a tear to leave Julie's watery eyes.

Quickly after, medical staff crowded around Y/N and Julie noticed a small audience of teammates surrounding Y/N's limp body.

"But-Y-Y/N-I-" Julie reached out for Y/N's body, now separated from her by trainers.

"JJ," Pinoe's voice called out as she grabbed Julie's outstretched hand and pulled her back on her feet, "give them space." 

Julie rubbed her face, trying to mask her tears before getting on with the last 20 minutes of the game.

xxx

Once the final whistle blew, Julie quickly shook hands with a majority of the other team as quick as she could before jogging over to a couple of trainers to hear the news on her disabled girlfriend.

"How is she?" Julie asked a small group of trainers, teammates behind her, also waiting on the news.

"She...she's still unconscious.  They think she might be suffering a bad concussion and entered a coma, but they'll check at the hospital.  There's an ambulance on its way, I'll take you to the back room where she's at." a trainer named Dave told Julie.