Two

Ah, the waterfront. It's always so calming. With the sun setting in the background and the waves rolling in gently, it's the perfect combination for anyone seeking peace and tranquil.

I got off the bus and walked home, my body feeling heavier with each step. Good thing our apartment wasn't too far from the bus stop.

I fished out my keys as I made my way up to the door.

I hope there's leftover wine in the fridge.

♡♡

Soon as I got in I dropped my jacket and bag on the sofa before heading straight to the bedroom. I kicked off my vans before making my way to fill the tub up.

Soon the tub was full to the top with bubbles, just how I liked it. I lazily pulled off my top and stepped out of my jeans while walking towards the kitchen.

Setting my favorite glass down on the counter, I desperately searched the fridge.

"Yes! Thank God" I sighed in relief as I spotted the bottle of wine. There was only about half a bottle left but I didn't mind, all I needed was one glass to calm my nerves after a hectic day.

"Perfect" I hummed to myself as I closed my eyes, feeling relaxed.

This was truly an escape. Living here in this beautiful apartment, the view outside the window, everything. All I was missing was Ashton. He completes everything - he completes me.

Swirls of color take over my vision and I realise I'm thinking about my work again. The very thing I wanted to get out of my head. I immediately opened my eyes and took a sip from my glass before setting it down again. Outside the large window the sun was almost gone. Soon it would be night time. I loved looking out at night while sitting idly in this tub.

A loud knock on the front door makes my heart leap. I wasn't really expecting anyone. Anxiously, I stepped out of the tub and wrapped my towel tightly around me.

I unlocked the door and opened it. To my suprise it was the last person I was expecting to see right now.

"Wow! I would so love to be greeted like this every single time"

"Yeah, yeah" I reply, rolling my eyes. I step aside to let the pest in.

"Darling, now that's not very enthusiastic of you. Come on, gimme a hug, yeah? I've missed my favorite person" Axel says, extending his long arms towards me.

He pulls me in for a hug and I tap his back awkwardly. The faint stench of alcohol on his clothes. He must've been drinking again.

"I didn't know you were in town" I tell him, rushing towards the room to change into something more appropriate. There goes my nice bath.

"Oh yeah, didn't really call anyone" He answers from the living room.

I grabbed a pair of shorts and one of Ash's t-shirts and tied my hair up into a bun. I made my way back into the kitchen to fetch a bottle of water for Ax.

"Here" I say, tossing him the bottle.

He mutters a small thanks before taking a sip. He sets the bottle down on the coffee table and looks at me with a lopsided smile.

"What?" I ask, chuckling. He looked absolutely silly. His hair was overgrown, it looked like it hadn't had a trim in ages. He looked hella sleepy and overall he looked like he had been on a three-day drinking spree.

"Nothing" He answers after he took in my appearance a few seconds more.

Axel takes off his shirt without warning, making me instantly look away.

"Oh come on! I'm not that bad looking. I can't believe you're still doing that Kaia" He says in disbelief, laughing out loud at my reaction. He always found it amusing.

"I'll be in my room if you need anything. Try and get some rest, you look like you need it" I tell him before leaving him alone in the living room.

I pick up my phone and see a missed call from Ashton. Shit.

I quickly dial out and put the phone to my ear. The call was from five minutes ago, I'm sure he will pick up.

Instead of ringing, it went straight to voice-mail.

"What the heck? He just called me!" I groaned out loud, feeling so irritated. I was dying to hear his voice.

Instead, I lay down and clutched my phone in my hand just incase he decided to give me another ring.