Fourteen

Kaia

I woke up this morning in the same position I was in last night, curled up at the edge of my bed.
I rubbed my eyes and looked around, it looked well after six AM, the sun was shining brightly out my window.

I walked over and drew the curtains open, glad to have the warm rays dance across my face.

I went over to the sliding door and opened it, stepping out onto the balcony. Everything was still peaceful. I took a deep breath in and released it, keeping my eyes closed. The sea breeze blew across my tear-stained cheeks, fully waking me up. I opened my eyes and decided I was ready to start my day, regardless of what happened last night.

After a quick shower, I dug out some clothes to wear and put them on. I matched a pair of vans with my denim skirt and plain tank top. Very casual, Kaia.

Todd messaged saying he would be here soon so I continued with my morning routine, applying some products to my hair before tying it into a high ponytail.

I made my bed and shut the balcony door before my eyes settled on the shopping bags that I left laying on the floor. Todd's gifts.

I put all six bags on the bed and decided to go through one. It had three pairs of very, very tiny bikinis. I gasped when I pulled out the first pair which was neon yellow and looked like it wouldn't be covering anything if I wore it.

Todd sure knows how to shop for gifts. I'll be sure to let him know.

Next one was a strapless and it was plain black. Now that one I see myself wearing. The last was neon pink and tiny. I shoved them all back into the bag and made my way into the kitchen, making a mental note to open the rest once I get home.

The house was quiet, meaning Axel probably didn't come home last night. I wonder where he is. But even if he was here right now, would I be able to face him? I don't know how to feel right now. Why didn't I push him away sooner? What would Ash say? He'd probably break up with me.

My phone pings once, meaning Todd was now outside waiting for me. I grabbed my bag and locked up, making my way down to meet him.

***

The drive to campus was fairly quiet, with me not wanting to bring up anything about Axel. Todd went on and on about how hot he is. I stared out the window and pretended to play on my phone the entire ride. Todd was too caught up asking questions about Axel that he didn't notice how strange I was acting. 

"I'll see you later babes, text me if you need me!" Todd says, giving my cheek a quick peck before I exited his car.

"Have a good day" I say with a smile, grabbing my bag and heading straight to Dani's room. It was time I told her everything

After knocking for a while, she finally gets the door.

"Good morning, I've been standing here for hours" I greet her, walking right inside her room. She stares at me for a sec before checking the time. Then she dives back on her bed, not interested in living today.

"Good morning, what brings you here this early? And without food" she greets me back, rubbing her eyes slowly.

"Something happened last night between Axel and I. I just had to tell somebody, I really don't know what to do" I babble on, dropping the huge bomb on her.

Her jaw drops and she quickly sits up, staring at me wide-eyed. Her hair was a giant mess and I was kinda scared of it, apart from her facial expression right now. Yikes.

"Tell. Me. Everything" she demands, moving to the edge of her bed as I spill the tea.

**

"Girl, you did the right thing by coming to me. Todd would've steered you the wrong way, making you drive off a cliff. Trust me, I give better advice" Dani brags as she gets dressed for class. I sit on her bed, anxious to know what she thinks about all this.

"I'm so silly, Dani. I shouldn't have kissed him back" I panic, looking up at her for help.

"It was probably all in the moment. You've been alone, missing Ashton, missing everything you two probably did together.. it makes sense to me" she comments, putting on her shoes.

"I know but it's wrong. I basically cheated on him, with his own brother. It would crush him" I tell her, thinking about the huge scene that would happen once Ashton hears about this.

"Kaia, relax, it was only an innocent kiss. It's not like you slept with the guy" she says, doing her hair. "I mean, you didn't sleep with him, right?"

"Of course not! I locked myself in my room after pushing him off" I tell her.

"Jeez, you are dramatic. I bet he feels like shit right now" Dani reminds me, grabbing her bag and keys off the table. We exit her room and begin walking to our different classes.

"Be honest with me, Dani..what should my next move be?" I ask her in the hopes that she would give me some insight.

She remains silent for a little while, probably thinking of what to say. We walk like that until she places her hand in mine and stops us dead in our tracks.

"Talk to Axel, make sure you guys are on the same page. If you think it was a mistake, let him know. If you don't want him to do it again, let him know. Once you've sorted him out, you can gather up all your courage and tell Ashton. It's better if you tell him instead of Axel.. that would only hurt him more."

I listened to every word that came out of her wise mouth, taking in all her advice like my life depended on it. Well it might as wellI knew this was something that had to be done,  I just didn't know if I had it in me. Am I brave enough to face Ashton? Can I even muster up the courage to speak to Axel without thinking about his lips?

"..hello? Earth to Kaia? Zoned out again?" Dani yells in my ear.

"I'm sorry" I laugh, blocking my ear.

"I asked you a question. What was the kiss like?" She asks, eyes wide with wonder.

"Aw Dani,  no! We're not discussing this" I hold both hands out, keeping her away from me.

"Come on! I would tell you all about it if I kissed Axel Parker. Now spill" she presses further, slinging her arm over my shoulder.

"Well.." I tried to put the feelings in my mind into words. "It was gentle, not too aggressive. Just the right amount of tongue and--"

"---Oh my gosh, tongue?! Wow, wow" Dani squeals dramatically, jumping up and down.

"Shut up! Okay, that's it, I'm not saying anything else" I say sternly, definitely meaning it.

"I'm sorry, I haven't been served any hot tea for awhile now. You gotta excuse a girl for getting hyped" she laughs, giving me a small hug.

"Okay, I'll see you later. I gotta get to business" I tell her, walking the other way. She gives me a nod and walks into her room, still laughing.