Finding Me

Buy me a rose, call me from work

Open the door for me, what would it hurt

Tell me you love me by the look in your eyes

These are the little things, I need the most in my life...

Samantha's eyes drooped as she let sleep take her, ignoring to switch off the radio. She let the words of Kenny Roger's Buy Me A Rose drift through her unconscious mind. After a long day's work, this kind of music is what she wanted, it calmed her, massaged her and took all her stress. At just 9pm and her body was screaming rest at her. Her mind drifted into another world. She found herself in a green field, very massive and beautiful. She looked around in amazement as she wondered where the blazes she was. She let herself walk around, her fingertips touching and loving the feel of the green grass and beautiful tulip flowers. Wow, She said in her mind but then panicked, What if am dead? Oh my God, Oh God, Oh God.

Samantha couldn't scream the words, but her mind was sure screaming fear.

Thump thump thump

Samantha looked around in panic. Wait a minute, was that her heart pumping?

Thump thump thump

The sound came again, getting closer now. Oh God, Oh Jesus, please help me. Her mind screamed. Why wasn't her mouth opening for god sake?

Thump thump thump

Samantha stood frozen in one place, because the thumping sound was very near now, behind her. Slowly she turned, in slow motion, prepared for The Hulk or any like being to jump out and gobble her down. Her jaw dropped when she had fully turned, she blinked her eyes repeatedly to make sure what she was seeing was real.

"Hello there, see what you like?" The owner of the voice looked down at her. Samantha couldn't say anything, her mouth still open. "You should close that pretty mouth of yours Miss, don't know what kind of things fly around."

As if on cue, a tiny fly flew past her mouth apparently to emphasize the stranger's warning. Samantha clamped her hands over her mouth and suddenly her voice came back. Yeah right, where were you when I needed you first.

"Are you an Angel?" Samantha closed her mouth again. Jeez, of all things to say, that is the dumbest question that came to her? Bite me. The stranger gave a small chuckle and leant slowly towards her.

"Whatever you would have me be, Tulip."

"Tulip?" Samantha asked confused.

The stranger chuckled again and shrugged, "What better name to call a very beautiful woman walking around Tulips. Who knows, maybe you sprung from one of them." He pointed to a certain tulip flower and Samantha rolled her eyes. Yeah right, stranger. Then the questions came tumbling out of her mouth.

"Where's this place? Who are you? What_?"

"One question at a time Princess." He cut her off. "The question rather is, who are you? And what are you doing on my land?"

"Your land?" Samantha asked looking around in awe. This was like her dream place, she squinted her eyes and saw a tall beautiful Victorian house in a distance.

"No, uh uh, I don't take questions for answers." The stranger got down from the white horse he had been sitting on all along. Samantha's jaw dropped again. Knight in a shining armor. She chastened her mind, now where did that even come from? She took the time and looked in the face of the stranger. He had short blonde cropped hair, with waves and a few fringes that fell in his face. His nose was ancient, with eyes that had the colour of a deep blue sea. Okay she had never seen a sea with naked eyes, but surely she had seen one on television. His white skin had a deep tan, of course caused by long hours outdoors. Samantha realized how tall he was when she had to tilt her head back to study his features. Dude had muscles of a body builder, probably goes to the gym like what, hundred times a day? Yeah right.