Picturing Us (8)

Hanson:

The week went by pretty quickly without Finn by my side. That horrific day when my whole life just turned around was gone and three new happy days followed. When Finn left my life, Levi became more involved in it. Just when I'd think that I couldn't fall for Levi any more, I did. Each day was like a new fairytale.

On the other hand, my pictures have gotten ten times better. That day helped me take all my emotions out on my pictures, instead of Finn. I was a mixture of angry and sad, which really helped explore my mind of other things besides love or happiness.

But now that I had to go through that day, I also have to go through the rest of the week, which wasn't so bad. But I still had to try out for the school play.

A day of nervousness passed by, until lunch. Both Levi and Rachel were with me, trying to keep me from vomiting because of my nervousness.

"Hanson, you'll do fine." Levi said, softly patting my back. "We've gone through the script over a thousand times."

"Yeah, but what if I mess up?" I asked, playing with the food on my tray.

"You'll do fine, Hanson." Rachel added.

"I have to use the bathroom." I made the excuse, then hopped back up. I left toward the bathroom. I decided that I didn't need to go, so I went to my locker instead, for no particular reason.

"Hey, Carter!" someone called my name.

I turned toward the direction of the voice, but felt a splash of liquid and ice on my face. Iced coffee. I could hardly open my eyes, because the coffee was in my eyes. "Jeremy!" I yelled.

"Try again, babe." the same voice said. But that voice wasn't just a voice. It was a voice coming from a familiar person.

I finally opened my eyes to see, the worst person who could ever splash coffee in my face. His brown hair, his familiar brown eyes, and his perfect football figure. It was none other than the famous, Finn Mitchell.

"Finn?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm glad you know my name princess." he added, then walked away. There he was, walking with a bunch of other stupid football jocks, hi-fiving them, and them cheering for him. I didn't care for running away or crying, I just stood there, shocked. Finn was definitely not Finn. He was just a clone, a mean, obnoxious, clone.

I turned around to walk away, running into Levi's arms. His warm, tan arms were wrapped tightly around me, signaling that he saw everything. I was still shocked for both reasons, but I held on to him tightly as if he was the only thing I had left. And he was. Sure I had Rachel and Scott, and mostly my camera, but Finn always filled in the spaces perfectly. But now that he's gone, for sure, Levi filled the spaces that Finn filled and he filled the space that Finn left.

"It's okay." he whispered. "Finn is exactly the person who doesn't give a crap."

He broke the hug, but his warm hands landed on my cold cheeks. He was gently wiping the tears that I didn't even know were there. "Look at me, Hanson." he said. My eyes made their way from the floor to his brown eyes. "You are going to audition for that play, knock 'em out their feet. But, you are gonna forget about that douche who just ditched you for the popular crowd."

His words were encouraging, but I wanted someone else to say them. I wanted Finn to say those words, because he has. Those were Finn's words, that appeared out of Levi's mouth.

Finn:

Without Hanson, I feel super confident. I feel stronger than I ever was. I don't have to spend my time waiting on a girl, who'd rather spend her time with a juvenile. Hanson was doing nothing but holding me back. I feel stronger, like some kind of superhero.