Chapter 19

A/N I have been working on this chapter for two months and it's finally done. WHOOOHOO. Side note: Plot is a bitch. 

P.S. PLEASE COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, VOTE. BUT MOSTLY COMMENT, I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU GUYS. COMMENTS ARE THE BEST THINGS THAT HAVE EVER HAPPENED TO ME. AND WHO KNOWS I MAY DEDICATE A CHAPTER TO YOU. LIKE NOW THIS CHAPTER IS FOR light271 FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL COMMENTS AND FOR FOLLOWING.

Two hours later

Tony walked into a restaurant somewhere in Queens wearing his full three-piece suit and carrying 5 handguns. Happy and Rhodey flanked him on both sides. It was just past midnight.

The restaurant itself was an old Italian one. It was known for its great pizza, family friendly atmosphere, and flamboyant cook. Tony knew about it for different reasons. He was brought here by his father at the age of fourteen to attend a very special meeting. This was neutral territory, where all crime bosses in the city could meet and discuss important underworld business.

There were five crime bosses in total that controlled all of New York City and some of the outlying land. Each controlled and monitored a different part of the city. Tony looked after Manhattan, Steve controlled Brooklyn, Odin and his Norse followers controlled the Bronx, Natasha Romanoff and the Russians looked after Queens, and Bruce took care of Staten Island.

There was one annual meeting held in June that all crime bosses were welcome to. It was where new members of the elite families were introduced, turf wars were discussed, and any formal disputes were brought forward to be resolved. Those meetings were typically run by the senior member, the wisdom and expertise of that individual were highly valued and regarded. Odin had been the senior member for the last twenty years. He was fair and patient. A good role model for his two sons.

Tony knew Odin was planning to step down in the coming years and one of his two sons would be taking over. Tony wasn't sure if it would be Thor or Loki. Both had potential, but one was a hot head and the other was too sneaky for his own good.

However, this meeting would be different. The five crime bosses had the right to call a meeting at any time in order to bring up issues that could not wait until the annual meeting. The last time such a meeting had been called was over five years ago, so this was big news.

Tony waved at Clint, as they passed the opening to the kitchen. The cook waved back, giving Tony a cocky grin. Tony shook his head and kept moving. He wasn't sure how Natasha and Clint had ended up together but they were an odd couple. Natasha was serious and mysterious, while Clint was happy, relaxed and open.

Tony knew that Clint had a backbone of steel, he had heard the stories and knew how good of a shot Clint was through experience, but it was so easy to underestimate him.

He walked up the stairs to the meeting room, followed by Rhodey, while Happy stayed below. Tony knocked once before entering the room.

The space was set up like a conference room. There was a long oak table that sat in the center of the room, surrounded by 12 large, comfortable office chairs. There was a large Flat screen TV on the far wall that could be seen from any seat around the table. The left side of the rectangular room was a solid wall, but the right had floor to ceiling windows that looked over the parking lot. The room was empty except for a small petite woman with flaming red hair.

Tony walked towards her as she turned. He lifted his arms and she smiled as she entered his embrace. He dropped a kiss on her cheek as she pulled back.

"Natasha, thank you," Tony said sincerely.

Natasha nodded and sat down comfortably into one of the office chairs.