Chapter 12- The Council

***(This is a bonus chapter)***

After the all clear from the doc I went to pack. I was yet again leaving a pack, this time though it wasn't for some childish adventure. For some hopeless dream. This time I was leaving so I could spare all of us from this mindless mate bull shit. Who wants to have their fate chained to someone they never chose of their own volition?

Many people would classify me as a rogue when I left, I don't get why you must be in a pack or be rogue. Even in the wild there are such things called lone wolves. Why not here? Why not in our speeches? When did we forget not everyone was fit for pack life. Not every rouge was evil and wanted to rip you apart. This had to be something to do with the council, or high elders either way you viewed it. They are the ones that have pinned us against one another.

Rankings inside of packs don't even work like they should. Why should an Alpha's son be deemed worthy if they have not earned that title? To many things were going to need to change. Hopefully they would see that once this stupid mate stuff was out of the way.

I grabbed my bag and headed for the garage picking up the keys to the Jeep. I climbed in and headed off. This wasn't going to be the end this was going to be a new beginning not just for me but for the whole species of werewolves. First stop was going to have to be the councils library. I had to find out what they were hiding in there. They are the only ones who would have more information I would need to also find a witch.

Drive took four hours up the east coast to Maine. Here is where they hid the secrets of our kind. At least that is what I'm hoping. If it's not it will just be a dead end, most likely one of many. Though I am hoping it's not.

I pulled up to the gates of the main council house. For the pass three miles watched as wolves fallowed my Jeep. Being a rouge trying to enter here was going to be tricky. Sadly I think I might pull the whole I lost my mate card. That would get me in then I could hopefully figure out where the library was located.

Growls emanated outside of my Jeep. With a bit of an eye roll I turned off the engine, remove the keys and placed my hands on the steering wheel. It was the only thing I could think of to show I wasn't a threat.

"Get out of the car." Said a guy with a deep voice, short brown hair, honey colored eyes and abs that seemed to go on for days. I'll admit I think I drooled a little before the image of my dead mate appeared in my mind which smacked me back into reality. I slowly exited the Jeep, raised my hands in the air and tilted my head to the side bearing my neck to show I was no threat.

" Rouge's are band from entering council grounds. So leave before things get worse for you!" He released a growl trying to intimidate me.

I rolled my eyes and lowered my hands. "I'm not a rouge. A lone wolf yes, but some crazed out wolf I think not. Look I just lost my mate and wanted to personally thank the council for what they did for my old pack. But if that's a crime I guess I'll just go."  I turned around reaching for the when I noticed the others reflection.They looked at one another in shock that I was still standing after loosing my mate.

The same one that talked before answered me. "The council is asking for your name." He sounded irritated that the council was even entertaining this.

"My name is Lanah Luis mate of the late Clark Hampton." Saying his name out loud caused a pain in my chest. My wolf whimpered in my mind. While she mourned her mate she seemed to also want to have the mate thing gone. Maybe it was due to her grief that she wanted it.

"You may enter. Someone will take your vehicle to the garage. You will follow me to meet the council." His facial features didn't change from the disgust he had on before. I could tell that he thought this was a bad idea. Letting one rogue in for the sole reason of a mate dying could be used again and again to try to assassinate the council members.