Canada

Meeting Him:

The library was your second home.

From a young age, you have always been interested in reading. You wanted to read whatever you could get your grubby little hands-on, from nonfiction to fanfiction, you were constantly reading. 

Since starting college, however, the only books you have had the time to read were your textbooks.

You have never been fast at getting work done, which means you had little time to focus on much other than school, but that hasn't stopped you before.

Right now you had bigger things to worry about other than midterms. 

You were going to meet your soulmate.

For some people, their timer was a curse, or to be less dramatic a minor inconvenience. For you, the timer meant something else. It's exciting, it's crazy, it's... well it's something straight out of a book!

I mean, who comes up with this stuff?

The idea of having a soulmate had always caused your heart to melt. To be destined to be with someone like that? How can that be anything but romantic?

Maybe it is all the fanfics talking, but you were beyond happy to meet your soulmate. 

And what better place to meet your soulmate than to meet them at your favorite place to spend time?

You were the type of person to plan everything out, so of course, you had planned how your first meeting was going to happen. You were going in to return some books and look around to find something new to read. Whatever book it doesn't matter, what matters is that it will be on the top shelf, and since you were on the shorter of the scale, your soulmate would hopefully be paying attention and offer to grab it for you. When they hand the book over your timer should go off. The perfect plan!

Quickly getting dressed and leaving your dorm, you can't help but speed walk to the library.

This is it! 

Before walking in, you took a deep breath. It was time to put your plan into motion. Like always, the library hand many students at the tables while others were desperately searching for that one book that they needed for their class. 

This place has always been your perfect place to be. The librarians know you by name and quickly helped you return your old books.

Your stomach feels like a swarm of butterflies were released inside of you as you begin to wander into the sea of shelves. Only a few more minutes before you meet them...

Finally deciding to stop on the fourth aisle of the fiction section, you slowly sauntered down while eyeing the top shelf. After picking a random book, you looked around and spotted someone standing at the end of the aisle, clearly concentrating on whatever book they were looking at.

With a quick look at your wrist, your heart leaps out of your chest.

That's them, it has to be!

You start to walk over as the nerves begin to set in. There was no time to be nervous now! You were close enough to put out your arm to reach them, but before you could touch their arm, they turn and walk out of the aisle.

What... 

You look down at your wrist to see the timer has less than a minute left. 

Who else could it be?

That's when you felt a tap on your shoulder that made you almost jump a foot out of your skin. You quickly turn to find out who had snuck up behind you and find a guy holding the book that you were pretending to reach for. "Sorry, I just noticed you were trying to get this-"