04 : Shattered Self

NOTES : This chapter may contain theme that may not be suitable for all readers.

Through the Eye and the Heart
Shattered Self

Days had passed since the incident between the two. However, the relationship between the two surely got more and more.. developed as time passed. Sure, the girl got a bit scared by Ramuda, now knowing that he might be more dangerous than he looks, but at the same time, she feels the urge to fight him back, of course by teasing him back. Her behaviour made Ramuda sees her as a daring one. Such a change in such a short time, like a revolution, but one could not tell if this change would bring their relationship for the better or worse.

The two were having a peaceful breakfast of simple butter and toast plus a cup of coffee each. Since the Division Rap Battle was coming near, Ramuda had spent less time at home while [Y/N] was also busy creating the lookbook that Ramuda asked her before.

"[Y/N] can you pass me the butter?" The boy asked while holding a phone in one of his hand, scanning through his messages.

"Sure.." the girl gave the butter while also busy scrolling her phone for reference.

"Wait.. did you just call my name casually?" a sudden realization hit the girl. The question made the boy to look at her before giving her a smirk.

"Why, don't you like it? You like it more when I'm like this with you, no?"

"Well... why don't you find out?" [Y/N] gave the male a smile, leaving the question not fully answered, which is her way of teasing him.

The male scoffed, but also impressed by her boldness that grew more and more each day. It seemed like the two had more of a sinister relationship rather than a friendly platonic one just like before.

Of course that was their way of creating a distance. On the surface they might seem close, teasing and joking with each other, but in reality, they wanted to close off themselves from each other, hiding their true self and secrets.

Although, deep inside [Y/N] just wanted to befriend the male, building a good friendship with him. She was too scared of him. He was.. unlike any other human she has ever met, and it is normal for anyone to feel uncomfortable by something they're not used to.

"I will leave shortly after breakfast." Ramuda said while looking at his phone, possibly to look at the time.

"Oh? Coincidentally I also had to go somewhere.." [Y/N] replied while focusing on her plate.

"You didn't tell me you'll be going out?" Ramuda raised an eyebrow, questioning the girl.

She looked up at him, a bit startled by his reply.

"I did tell you. Were you half asleep last night? I said I needed to go buy some.. things."

"What things?"

"..girl stuff?"

"..oh.."

The two dismissed the awkward conversation as Ramuda had finished his breakfast and was getting ready to go. [Y/N] also prepared her stuff before going only to realise an important thing that no one should forget.

The girl stood still, in silence, probably cursing inside her head. How could she not realise this thing?

Ramuda noticed that [Y/N] wasn't moving from her place, as if she messed something up and now complaining to herself. Well, it might be easy to see since the girl had a troubled expression all over her face.