The whole day Miray worked gleefully. At times, Gideon would glance at her, still not knowing why Miray would be so happy.

While it was break time and both Miray and Gideon were going to get water from the well, Gideon took it as a chance to ask Miray everything that has been on his mind.

As the two walked up the hill towards a well, Gideon stared at Miray, Miray still in her own world walking happily up the hill.

"M-Miray," She looked towards Gideon in surprise. She hummed in response.

"There's been a lot on my mind, recently." Miray nodded, listening intently to the boy next to her as they walked upon a tall hill, still on their way towards the well.

"So, I have a few questions for you actually." She'd look shockingly at him. "Oh? Is that so?" She'd twirl her ponytail, waiting for a response from Gideon.

Gideon nodded while biting his lips.

"I have a few questions also." Miray laughed, while almost hugging the bucket in her arms. Gideon relaxed now knowing the girl was willing to do a QnA.

She gestured for Gideon to ask away.

"I've always been wondering, how you live here in the paddock, yet you know some of cadets in the survey corps, but never actually served with them?" Miray blushed at Gideon's question.

"Well actually thanks to one of them, I know all of them." Gideon nodded, wanting to add more to his question. "Well, how?"

Miray pushing her ponytail off her shoulder, she giggled. "You're one of the few who I'll tell this tale to."

Gideon looked at her confused, but shut his mouth for her to continue.

"So, you know Eren?" She blushed while his name spoke from her mouth, "Well, when I was younger, me and him both lived in Shiganshina."

Gideon gasped. "Wasn't that where the Colossal Titan first appeared and broke down the walls?" Miray nodded while frowning.

Gideon shuddered. "I grew up far from the titans in Stohess District. I can't believe I thought of protecting humanity from the Titans, yet I'm here in the fields..."

"We're pretty different, that's for sure, Stohess District was probably the safest district attached to the walls." Miray replied while putting down her bucket to pick a flower.

Gideon stopped at his tracks. They both sat down and continued talking.

"His father, Dr Yeager, saved my family from a deadly plague that was spreading like wildfire in Shiganshina! Well, that's what my mother told me. I wasn't alive yet when the plague broke out."

"I was born a week after Eren was born, so Dr Yeager basically helped my mother give birth to me. Since I was born right after Eren, my mother insisted the Yeager family that me and Eren would get along."

"Basically, me and Eren were childhood friends, my mother said how we were such great friends as babies! But when we both grew up, I don't have any memories of each other together playing." She whimpered as she spoke the last sentence.

Gideon nodded, processing everything she said.

"Well, me and my parents used to sell bread in Shiganshina and the Yeager's would always come to buy, so that's really the only time I interacted with him when we weren't babies, he was a very nice kid." She smiled.

"Does he recall you and him being friends?" Out of curiosity he asked.

She shook her head sadly.

FARMER CADET