|| Chapter 6 ||

"Mom? Mom? Please wake up. Don't do this to me, is this a prank? Mom please, no." I grab her shoulders, sobbing. No words- no words can describe how I feel.

Betrayed?

What secretes was she hiding, Jaden, my father?

Lost?

Orphaned, no more family, alone.

Hurt?

How could she be so selfish? All of them.

Angry?

No, furious.

Confused.

Who really was my family? They hid so much from me.

"Cora." I feel a hand place itself on my shoulders.

"You deserve answers, I'll give them to you. But being here," he pauses and then continues, "we should go."

"Why should I follow you?" I grab my mother's lifeless shoulders a little harder.

"Who else are you going to go to." He speaks more as a statement than a question. He's right, I nod and follow him.

I hesitate looking back at her one more time, leaving all her secrets behind.

"We'll have her taken care of Cora, don't worry about it." I nod and leave what was my home for the past year for the last time.

Leaving my mother for the last time.

We take one of his limos that was parked outside A man who introduced himself as Happy, who looked anything but Happy, stepped out and opened the door for us.

"Take us to Avengers compound." Tony speaks, his Iron Man suit retracting into itself and he's now dressed in a plain white shirt and jeans.

Tony pulls the glass divider giving us privacy from Happy.

"Kid? I'm really sorry." He speaks, trying to sound as sincere as he can.

I wipe away the last of my tears I'll let fall for now and look down at my hands.

"She wasn't who I thought she was, none of them were. How didn't I know this Tony?"

"Hydra is best when it comes to their experiments, you're mother being one of the better experimenters they had. They must have wiped your memory which could explain why you don't seem to remember much after the attack on New York."

I don't answer, taking it all in. This seems like something out of a Syfy movie.

"And," he continues and this time I look up at him, "can explain why you can do what you do with your hands. Your powers." He speaks cautiously.

I perk up when he mentions powers, curious by the term being used towards me.

"I knew that'd make you smile cupcake. You'll get your own room at the compound and we can start testing and hopefully training whenever you're ready. I'll need your measurements so I can make you your own suit-"

I stop him mid sentence surprising both of us by hugging him.

"Thank you."

He pats my head as his way of saying your welcome. I can tell he's not a very touchy huggy person but I think we both needed it.

I slowly start to feel myself falling asleep and do so for the rest of the drive.

I wake up to Tony shaking my shoulder.

"Welcome to the Avengers compound kiddo."

Helloo, another week another chapter. Can't wait for it to start picking up more, thank you to everyone reading and don't forget to please like and comment :) much love!