thats cute

"mommy, when did you know you loved daddy?" pepper's little girl, katrina desiree (pronounced des-er-ay) stark, asked.

pepper looked at her seven year old daughter in shock. she wasn't expecting a question like that from a seven year old.

"i don't know, sweetheart. it kind of crept up on me. i've known your daddy for half of my life. i guess i realised it when he went missing for three months. i was devastated. i missed him so much it hurt." pepper teared up thinking about how much her husbands kidnapping hurt, how much she missed that idiot when he was gone.

katrina saw her mommy was nearly crying and hugged her tight. "don't cry mommy. daddy is fine. why don't you go give him a big hug?" katrina suggested.

tony strolled into the room and heard the "give him a big hug."

"oohh katrina who's gonna give me a big hug?" tony asked.

"mommy is because she's sad and hugs make everything better." katrina replied.

pepper stood up, walking over to her husband, who had his arms wide open. tony saw the tear stains down her face. pepper held onto tony, tight.

tony looked at her, questioning her.

"later" she mouthed. tony kissed her. they were lost in their kiss.

"ewwww. mommy, daddy. that's gross." katrina interrupted.

pepper and tony pulled apart. "katrina desiree stark, i will kiss my wife if i want to." tony teased.

"love you too tony." pepper smiled.

katrina ran up to her parents. pepper picked her up, resting katrina on her hip.

tony stood back and took a picture.

"aww that's cute. that's gonna be my new lock screen." tony cooed.

he showed pepper that he had done it. his homescreen was one of him and pepper on their wedding day.

"daddy. when did you know you love mommy?" katrina asked her father.

"lets sit down first." the small family sat down on the couch, pepper curled on one side of tony, katrina on the other.

"so daddy..." katrina prompted.

"i've always known. i've loved your mom forever, and i will always love her." tony said.

"no daddy. when did you actually realise?" katrina rolled her eyes.

"when some nasty guys were being dicks, i heard your mother calling out to me, even though she wasn't there. she's the reason i'm still alive. she gave me a reason to fight." tony answered.

pepper looked at her husband lovingly. "i love you tony" she whispered.

"i love you too pep" he whispered back.

tony pulled his phone out and took a selfie of the three of them.

"daddy." katrina said.

"yeah squirt." tony looked at his daughter. his right arm was wrapped around pepper's shoulder. she had her hand placed ontop of tony's.

"why do you have a picture of you and mommy kissing on your phone?"

tony looked down at pepper. "because i love her."

at the same time pepper muttered "he has a lot worse."

tony scoffed. katrina looked confused. "what did mommy just say?"

"yeah pep why don't you speak up?" tony smirked.

"i hate you" pepper grumbled.

tony feigned hurt. "mommy you can't say that to daddy. that's mean. he even just said he loves you."

tony patted katrina's red hair. she looked up at him with big brown eyes. "listen to your kid pepper. you know, the kid you had with me because you love me."