I: Out to Lunch

I felt something smooth and warm wrap around my body. I nuzzled into the warmth and was calmed by the sound of soft hissing.

" She is lovely, isn't she?" a voice said, clearly male. I felt a hand gently touch my cheek and run down my neck to my fingertips. I let out a hum and nuzzled into the warmth.

" Don't wake her up," another voice, male, scolded. I heard shuffling from far away, but it was subtle.

" Are they taken care of?" a third voice asked.

" They're gone," a fourth voice replied, " Not bad for humans. And they weren't very meaty..."

I opened my eyes to see six figures standing above me. The room was dark so I couldn't see their faces, but I could see their silhouettes.

" Luna..." they all whispered in unison until their voices started to sound more like a hiss.

" Luna?" I hear someone call out, "Get up. Class is over."

I opened my eyes to see my best friend, Alistair, staring down at me with a smile on his face. He had hazel eyes and brown messy hair on his head. If I wasn't his best friend, I'd probably be drooling all over his tan, built body.

"Mmm...is it lunch?" I asked, rubbing my eyes and stretching my arms. He chuckles and picks me up.

" Always thinking about food, aren't you?" he asks while looking down at me.

Alistair and I have been friends ever since freshman year of high school. We've been stuck together ever since then.

I clung onto his neck as we headed down to the parking lot. We ignored the stares and whispers we got from the other college students as we walked by.

"Where are we going?" I asked him as he carried me to his Range Rover. He smiled and set me down in the passenger's seat and came around to the driver's side.

"To eat, then hang out at my place," he answered, " You don't have anymore classes today, right?"

I nodded and he started the car. Instead of driving, his brother, Atlas, knocked on the door. He had black hair and green eyes with fair skin, but a body like Alistair's.

" Hey!" he shouted at us, "I'm coming too!"

" Fine!" Alistair shouted as he unlocked the car to let his brother inside, " You're paying for your food, though."

Atlas got in the back and hugged me from behind, " Hey, Luna! How have you been?"

" Great! Haven't gotten kicked out yet, have you?" I jokingly asked. I saw Al smiling out of the corner of my eye as he pulled out of the parking lot.

" Not yet," he laughed and turned to Alistair, " Has Savannah been messing with you two?"

Savannah is the most popular girl in college. She doesn't do the work. All she does is have parties, drink, and have sex with half of the male population here. I'm pretty sure she's screwed with some of the teachers, too. She's been targeting Alistair for a while now, but she thinks that I'm in the way.

" What do you think the answer is?" Alistair said. Atlas nodded and started playing on his phone as we drove to a restaurant not far from the college.

After a short argument between the boys, Atlas sat next to me in the booth while Al sat across from us. The waiter took our orders and gave me a smile and a wink. But, the boys acted strange. I could've sworn that I heard hissing coming from them when the waiter was walking away. When we got our food, the brothers glared at the waiter. He placed my food down first and set their food down a bit too hard. Once our meal was done, we got our receipt.