Chapter 2

Toya's POV

It was around 11:15 when I pulled up to Old Lady Gang . That was Tiny's favorite restaurant .

I walked in and she was sitting at a table by the window . I pulled out the seat and sat down .

" So miss thang what's been up with you " , she said .

" Well I left a publishing meeting earlier this morning with Kelly . Once again , I got caught up thinking about Wayne girl ".

" Toya , girl when are you gonna be over him ? Like seriously "

"I don't know T . I honestly just don't know ."

" You know what , I'm gonna find you someone . "

" Nah T . I'm good . Lol I'll wait on that special someone ."

Last time Tiny was playing matchmaker , she almost got me killed . My ex was plain crazy . He keyed my car , busted my windows in my bedroom , and slashed my daughters tires .

It was a rough night . I tell you that .

" Is it because of what happened last time ? "

" Yes Tiny lol . That was some scary shit. "

" Well maybe you need to try something different " , she said with a smirk on her face .

" Different like what ?"

" A lil you know , yea yea ."

She flipped her hand .

" A female ? " , I said with a confused look .

" Yea girl . A girl might open you up a little bit ."

I thought about it for a second but quiclkly said no .

" That's not really my thing . I'm not into that kind of stuff and you know that . "

" You've got to get out there girl . Do a little experimenting . Hell you might fall in love you never know ."

The waitress finally came to take our order for drinks .

"Hi , I'm Tika . I'll be your server . What can I start you ladies off with today ?"

Tiny and I ordered our drinks and she told us she'll be back .

"Anyways . I think you should really consider it .  A female might not be that Toya . Seriously ."

" The answer is still no T ."

Although it didn't sound like a bad idea , I couldn't let Tiny know . She would go way overboard with it .

The server came back with our drinks .

" Would you guys like to order your food now ?"

" Yes , could I have the shrimp and grits please ?" I said .

" And for you ma'am ?"

" I'll have the blackened salmon ."

She took our menus and walked away . Tiny and I continued to talk until our food came out .

The bill came out and Tiny pulled out her purse .

" No i've got it T ."

" No , I invited you so i'll pay . " She continued . She payed and we left .

*30min later*

It was now 1:45 . I needed to head home and take a nap . Even though I hardly did anything , I was still extremely tired for some reason .

I walked in the house to see Reign and Reginae both asleep on the couch with Netflix on . I went over to the table to turn off the tv .

It was so dark in my room . I then realized that my curtains were closed . No wonder it felt like I was in a damn dungeon . I went to my bathroom to turn on my shower .

As I undressed , I started to admire my body . I looked at all my tattoos . The one that stood out the most was the one on my hand .

It said "❤️me" . I got it back in 2011 . I needed to learn myself . And I was working on it everyday .

I got in the shower and let the water hit my body . I had so many thoughts running throughout my mind . I just couldn't get over what Tiny said . Could a woman really open me up ? Could I really fall in love with a woman .

Nah . I don't even roll like that . I'll find someone one day though . I'm not gonna worry myself about it .

Whew shit . Y'all writing a book is not easy let me say that 💀 . Props to all the wonderful authors on this app cause this shit is HARD💀 .