Chapter 25

Toya

"Toya!" Megan called my name for the hundredth time from our room. Ever since we left the ER, she's been acting like she's handicapped. I stood at the bottom of the steps, debating if I even wanted to go up there or not.

"Toya!" she called again. This is ridiculous, I can bet she doesn't even need anything. I did a quick jog up the steps to see what she wanted. I stood in the doorway and tilted my head slightly, giving her an annoyed look.

"Yes, baby?"

"I just wanted you to come and lay with me." she looked at me with soft eyes, "Please?"

"Fine." slipping off my boots and tights, I climbed into the bed, making myself comfortable under her. I felt her body relax as she wrapped her arm around me, giving me a soft kiss on my forehead.

"I love you", she yawned.

"I love you more."

"So which one of us is going to call Mo and tell her why we didn't make it to the dinner", I asked her. Monica hated excuses, although we had a valid reason as to why we couldn't make it.

"You." she spat quickly, "Mo isn't too fond of me after that lil' situation, remember?"

"They don't call her 'Goonica' for no reason", I laughed," You try me, you try her. Period"

"Whatever. I love y'all bond though. Kind of makes me wish I had friends like that. The only people I really got are Johnathan and Ke." she frowned.

"Aww baby, you don't need friends, you've got us." I pointed between my thighs, "We'll always be here." She shook her head at me before grabbing the remote off the nightstand beside her. I looked out of the corner of my eye and seen Reginae making her way up the steps.

"You're going to stop busting in my house like you pay bills here." I scolded as she made her way into my room and into the bed with Megan and me.

"Why y'all all boo'd up in here?" She chuckled softly. Her eyes were red and puffy like she'd been crying for forty days and forty nights. I got up from under Megan and turned my attention towards her.

"You been crying?" I asked concerned.

"A little," she let out a sigh," I'm just stressed. You know, with school and everything." Her eyes wandered off.

"It's more than school Nae. Tell me what's wrong."

I felt Megan sit up behind me.

"I just- I don't know Mama. I feel like everything is just falling apart. My acting career is at a standstill, school is becoming more and more stressful by the day." she huffed," And don't even get me started on Ray. He just does stupid stuff all the time!"

I opened my mouth to speak, but she began to speak again.

"You wanna go out and fuck other bitches and I just lost our fucking child!" she yelled. Tears began streaming down her face and she fell into my arms.  Her breathing became heavy, she tried to speak again,  but no words came out. I felt my face become warm and tears lined the brim of my eyes.

"I-I- my baby." I was honestly at a loss for words," Why didn't you come to Megan or I earlier?"

"You know we would've done any and everything in our power to keep you afloat." Megan chimed in. I sat and rubbed her back softly. Repeatedly placing kisses on her forehead.

"I just didn't know how. I'm 20 years old, a college student, and I'm trying to pursue an acting career. It was just too much. I thought I could handle it on my own, but I see now, that was a horrible mistake."