Chapter 18

Alaya's Pov:

I couldn't believe my eyes. The man that i though had been killed and left me all alone was right in front of me. I was in a state of shock and I couldn't move. Then I heard his voice.

"Baby girl let me in, we need to talk." My father said.

"KAYDEN !!!" I yelled while crying, I couldn't do anything but wonder how tf a dead man was at my door. Kayden came rushing down and he was about to speak but my dad did.

"I know you thought I was gone and all but I had to fake my death so that I could get away. I knew your mother was fucking the opps and she was apart of the set up. She shot me twice in the shoulder and your uncle shot me 4 times in the torso and chest. But I pulled through I payed the doctors to say I died and your mother had me cremated ." He spoke.

"How can you leave me with her how ? Daddy you know she hated me in every way possible when you died or at least pretended to." I spoke in tears while leaning on kayden.

"I knew you and kayden would meet. I knew he would protect you because I was like the father he never had. Kayden was the only person who knew about you besides your uncle. I didn't want you in this life. I made sure to leave letters everytime I left with him too just so Kayden could take over and protect you." He spoke with so much honesty.

" so why now why are you back ?" I asked I was curious and angry meanwhile Kayden hasn't said a word.

" I want to be in you life lay lay, so I came back to do that. No I don't want anything to change I'm done with the drug life but I will step In when necessary." He said while looking at Kayden.

Just as I was about to speaks Kayden started talking....

"You know this shit fcked up, you really showed up here at 3 am thinking everything would be cool. Where you been hiding this whole time. You could have told me I guess I'm not that trustworthy." Kayden said with so much hurt and confusion in his voice.

"I knew this wasn't going to be easy but I couldn't stay away from you guys . Yes I trusted you very much why do you think I told you about my kid. You and your boys were the only people I trusted besides her. That's why I educated her on all of you." My father spoke.

" well it's late and I don't kno how to feel and neither does Kayden so can we sleep on this cause I just can't right now. Babe I'm going to bed you can let him out." I Said to Kayden and he nodded.

"I gotchu." He said and kissed me and I was off to bed.
Confusion would be an understatement and betrayal an hurt would define me right now. In this moment I wanted to be held and that's exactly what Kayden did when he came from locking up he held me and I just cried.

"Bae I know you don't wanna believe it but it's real and you get to have him back now. Don't let the past dictate you guys future he had good reasoning. I know you need to think and rest so imma let you do that. Laya know that I love you and whatever you decide to do I completely support you. You don't have to worry about me going anywhere and I think you should give him a chance to fix things."

" I love you too baby and I trust your word but I need a little time to think and I know you do too so lets just rest and get a little sleep. We will figure everything out together."  I looked at him and he leaned in to kiss me. God I loved this man. I'm glad we met. I'll deal with my father tomorrow or something cause this shit is weird and I don't know what to do