9. Epiphany

~A/N: so I read chapter 240 and fucking yikes man.... anywho we're going to pretend THAT didn't happen and make something up to make it make sense for this story so don't worry about it for now~

Todoroki's P.O.V.-

We had a couple hours to kill before the reception so Shinso, Uraraka, Kaminari, Jiro, Bakugo, and I all decided to go get smoothies at a near by juice bar Kaminari was currently obsessed with.

As expected Bakugo complained the entire time but came along anyway. Despite acting like he was annoyed we all secretly knew he was having a good time since he wasn't yelling.

"I can't believe after so many years of trying, you finally made friends with Bakugo!" Uraraka exclaimed before taking a sip from her banana smoothie.

"Hey, I made friends with him on our first year!" I defended. The remedial courses we were forced to take to get our hero licenses and fighting villains together really formed a strong bond between us, maybe it wasn't friendship right away bet he definitely saw me as an equal, even he couldn't deny that.

"Hardly. We became friends recently icyhot." The angry hedgehog defended. This earned him a couple of snickers from uraraka and a confused look from Denki. "Liar. You always saw him as a friend you're just too prideful to admit it." Jiro corrected him, this made me give Katsuki an 'I told you so' look as I took a sip from my pineapple and mango smoothie.

"And how would you know lobes?" Bakugo retorted as his perfect lips formed a pout. "Because I'm your best friend dumbass. You can lie to Shoto all you want but not me." The tough girl replied with a raised brow. Meanwhile Kaminari looked like he was about to pass out due to his girlfriend insulting Katsuki.

"Tch. Shitty hair begs to differ." Was all the ash blonde said before taking a long sip from his cayenne and mango smoothie. Literally the weirdest combination ever... but the boy sure does love some spice.

"Oh yeah?" Jiro asked him in a challenging tone. "Yeah!" Katsuki replied, raising his voice just a tiny bit as he glared at the brave girl next to me. Although I did catch his ears turning red which only happens when he's lying, even he knew Jiro's friendship was one of the most important ones in his life, and I couldn't blame him, she really helped him grow as a person a lot.

"Fine let's call him and find out." She retorted as she pulled out her phone and started to FaceTime the red head. Shinso, Uraraka, and I couldn't help but be amused by the exchange while Denki looked about ready to pass out from stress.

After three rings Kirishima picked up, or rather his new girlfriend picked up the call for him. "Yui! Babe is Kiri with you?" Jiro asked the Stoic girl who looked a lot like Jiro herself, momo, and Mt Lady fused together if I'm being honest.

"Kodai is dating Kirishima?" Shinso asked me in a whisper tone but before I could reply uraraka butted in. "Didn't you see them sitting together during the ceremony hun?" "I wasn't paying attention to the crowd to be honest. Too busy with my best man duties." Was all the tired boy said as he focused back on the FaceTime call.

"Yeah, he's driving though, but he's listening in so if you guys need to talk feel free." Kodai replied as she turned the camera so it could face the cheerful redhead. "Sup bros and dudettes!" Kirishima greeted us, not once taking his eyes off of the road. We each mumbled a quick hey.

"Kirishima who's Bakugo's best friend?" Jiro asked once the formalities were done with. "Ummm I guess it's a tie between you and I. Why?" The redhead asked with a chuckle. "Nothing, love ya! Bye Kiri, bye Yui see you guys later!" The ravenette said as she quickly hung up the call.