Chapter 3

I was in the woods, near the MistClan border. I was pacing up and down the clearing, waiting for her to come. "Hollypaw," I called softly so no one would hear. Then, louder, I yelled,"Hollypaw!" Nothing. You could hear a vole with feathers for paws in the silence. I was about to turn away when,"Snowpaw, wait!" I heard a voice calling for me. I turned around,"Hollypaw?" I said. "That's HollyFROST to you," she said proudly. I sat down and pondered that,"A warrior?" I said. "Yeah!" Hollyfrost said with so much happiness in her voice. "Congrats," I said, smiling at her. "When?" I asked. "Just this morning. I just finished my last training. I'm so happy!" she jumped up and down for a bit, then stopped. "When do you think you're gonna become a warrior?" she asked me. I shrugged,"I don't know. Ashfur hasn't given me the test yet and, apparently, I haven't done anything warrior worthy." I looked down. Hollyfrost pressed her nose against my cheek and said, softly,"Hey. It'll be ok, you'll see. You'll be made a warrior in no time. I promise." she looked at me like it was a message directly from StarClan. I smiled a little and said,"OK. I trust you." Hollyfrost looked away for a moment and told me,"One other thing... We won't be able to see each other much anymore. I have more territory to cover in patrols, hunting missions... It'll be harder to get a conversation in. I'll try to stop by every once in a while." I looked at her and said,"I understand." She smiled and pressed her face against mine,"Thank you, Snowpaw. My best friend," She pulled back a little and continued,"Ill try to see you tomorrow. And who knows? Maybe I'll see you at a Gathering sometime," and she bounded away. "Bye," I simply said as she disappeared into the MistClan camp.