- 3 -

why do I hate this story... <~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

3rd person

~Flashback~
Day of graduation

After Amanda got her necklace with a beautiful crystal heart as a charm and Liz her ring with a matching crystal, both girls were finally ready to go and left their houses. They got into their mothers cars and drove to their school where the ceremony would happen.

Amanda got there first and waited patiently the last 2 minutes for her best friend Liz. Amanda checked her phone and then heard the car which stopped directly in front of her. Quite sounds which sounded like voices mixed with pop music, rang through the thick windows. The conversation between Liz and her mother came to an end and Liz slowly opened the door. Amanda stepped a bit backwards to not get hit by the door. Liz stepped out, her foot hitting the ground and the dress falling down. Amanda immediately scanned Liz from head to toe, taking in the grace of her and her dress. Her heart started to beat faster. Amanda waited so long for this day. The day she would finally see Liz in a dress and the day she would graduate with her best friend on her side.

Amanda was in trance. Liz closed the door and so Amanda snapped out of her daze. Liz giggled slightly, knowing that Amanda stared. „Hey Amanda." Liz said a bit embarrassed. „Oh uh..hey Liz!" Amanda smiled and crossed her arms behind her back.
A short moment of silence fell upon them. They just looked each other in the eyes, losing themself in them. Behind them, other students went into the building, laughing and smiling. Amanda decided to break the silence.

„Liz you look..absolutely stunning." Amanda said somehow being quieter to the end, eyes roaming over Liz's figure. „Thank you. You look gorgeous yourself." Liz answered a bit shy. „Soo..shall we go inside?" Liz nodded simply and they hooked arms. They made their way inside of the big hall of their school.

Music rang through their ears, light shining and the hall was decorated with colorful garlands, lights and balloons. Students dancing around to the music that was playing or chatting with their fellow classmates or friends. When Liz and Amanda opened the doors, suddenly all eyes were on them. The time and the music seem to stop when they both walked in, passing a few of their friends and walking straight to a table.

When they sat down, everything was normal again. The piercing eyes gone and all the conversation in tact. Liz got out her phone and checked the time.
„The ceremony will happen in about 10 minutes." Amanda nodded, lost in her phone. She checked her messages and happened to got one from an old close friend of hers. „Amanda? Did you hear me?" Liz asked and Amanda's gaze turned to her, but quickly down on her phone again. „Yes I did. I'm sorry I was distracted."

Amanda's pov

I received a message from an old friend of mine..he went away because his parents found a new job.
He uhm..well he said he would come back to Florida and that he had feelings for me. That was very unexpected..he wanted to meet with me..that's why I kinda ignored Liz..
This guy was a weirdo and he was super possessive over his friends. Not to me luckily but he changed into a complete asshole in the last year he was here. When he comes back, would he be still the same? I was kinda scared but happy. I mean he's still my friend.

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>