Aizlynn Tuesday

After that, he just leaves. He always does this. I don't know why I bother. Well then, I'm leaving, too.

I head after him, and in a minute, I find him standing at his locker, talking to Jay.  They both don't really like each other, but I don't ask.

Right now, I'm sort of ticked off at him, because he never listens to me. He always goes off and does his own thing. I grab his black t-shirt, and drag him into the janitor's closet.

"What the heck, Aizlynn!"

"Listen, Brice, you're my best friend. Okay? Stop being a jerk and be my friend." 

"Sure." He tries to push past me, but I put my hand on his shoulder. "And one more thing. Meet me on the roof after school."

"Sure." He walks out. "Hey, Jake." He hates Jake.

I turn around. My ex is standing in the doorway.

"Hey, Aizlynn. How's it going?"

"Okay. Um, what are you doing here?"

He laughs. "Well, first of all, I come to this school. Second, I saw Brice coming out and figured it was probably you. Y'know... You're the only person he'd go into a janitor's closet with."

"Oh."

"Well, I was thinking, do you wanna get back together? I mean, I know it's a lot, and all, but I thought I could try."

"I dunno, Jake."

"Well, maybe I can give you something to change your mind."

He leans in close, and all of the sudden, starts kissing me. I pull away.

"Sorry, I didn't know you weren't ready."

"What do you mean you didn't know if I was ready? You know I'm not, okay? Just leave me alone."

"Aizlynn, wait."

*

It's the end of school before I know it, and I sneak up the stairs to the roof.

Brice's already there, sitting in the same spot as earlier. He's chucking a few rocks at his blue Ford F-150 Sport truck. 

"You don't let anyone near that thing in fear that they're gonna scratch it," I laugh.

No answer.

"I wanna talk."

"Sure."

"Please stop saying 'sure'!"

"Sure."

In aggravation, I realize he won't going to stop any time soon, and I'll just have to suck it up. "Okay. I don't want to sound like your frickin' councellor, or anything, but are you okay?"

"Sure."