Aizlynn Tuesday

"Azzy!" He calls my name, then hiccups right after. 

"What?"

Hiccup. "C'mere!"

"I'm busy."

He stumbles into the kitchen with a lopsided grin, a hockey cap, and his hoodie on. Today we went our separate ways, and hung out with others. I haven't seen him since this morning around ten. It's now after twelve.

"I wanna-" Hiccup. "Play a game."

"No." I point a finger at him. "No way."

He licks his bottom lip then bites it. He then makes his way over to my side, then whispers into my ear. "Why not?"

"Brice, no." I push him away. "You're drunk. You're not thinking straight."

"I'm thinkin' straight 's I'll ever." Hiccup.

"Sure."

He bends down to my height, then licks his teeth. "So, yeah, then?"

"No." I turn around and set the dish on the rack. "I said no."

"I'm not-" Hiccup. "That drunk. I still know what I'm saying."

"Oh, yea? What did you just say?"

"Uhh." Hiccup. "Something important."

"Okay," I face him and stare into his eyes. "Listen. We'll make a deal, yea?"

He rolls his head back, then hiccups, which causes pain to flood his face for a second. "Yeah." He clears his throat.

"Okay, sit down. I'm getting you something."

He raises an eyebrow and leans on the counter. "Oh, really?"

"Brice, go sit at the table."

"Okay. I'll even sit on the table, just so I'm ready."

I don't know what he's hinting at, so I just say, "Yeah, go do that."

He grins and finally leaves me alone, so that's all that matters, right?

I get some water, with Gravol following after. "Brice, would you like some ice cubes in your water?"

"Oh, yeah, I would."

I shake my head. Whatever he's hinting at, I don't know. I'm extremely dense right now.

I wet a cloth with cold water, then set the glass under the ice cube dispenser.

"Should I take of my... basketball shorts?" Hiccup.

I scrunch up my face and look at him. He's laying down on the table. "No."

He groans when he hiccups, yet again. "Azzy, this isn't fair."

"Why?" I take the glass from under the dispenser and head in his direction.

He shoots up once he hears me. "Thanks." Hiccup.

I nod and hand the water to him.

He chugs down the water, and I stop him when he's about 3/4 through. "You need to take Gravol."

"What?" He looks disappointed. "Why," he whines.

I stand between his legs and peck his lips. "Because it will help with the headache you'll have soon, and it will knock you out."

He lays down but let's me stay in between his thighs. "I don't want to be knocked out," he grumbles.

I sigh. "It will help you sleep, is what I meant."