III

I clear my throat as I walk into the room, getting the teacher's attention, " Hello, I'm Alex I-"  He smiles at me and nods, " Yes! Alexandria, welcome. I'm Mr. Clarke. You can take a seat next to Amy in the front row. Also these are your books, don't lose them and please as you know all work should be done in pencil."

As I sit down at the desk next to Amy Mr. Clarke puts two books down in front of me.

"I'm sorry I'm late, Mr Clarke I-"

I looked up and as soon as I did it felt like my heart was beating out of my chest, going a million miles an hour.

"You were saying, Calum?" Calum looked away from me and focused on Mr. Clarke once again, " Oh yeah sorry I uh, I overslept I'm sorry, Sir."

"Alright, take your seat. Okay everyone turn to page 34, today we'll be discussing inverted triads."

Lunch came quicker than I expected, Michael grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers together.

" So did you meet Calum?" He looked at me and smiled, walking toward the cafeteria, " Yeah, well kind of. I didn't really speak to him but-"

" Hey Michael! Who's your friend?"

Inside the cafeteria, Michael lead us to a table with Amy, Calum and some guy I've never seen before. He takes a seat and pulls me down next to him, pulling me closer to his side.

"Guys! This is Alex, Alex this is Luke and I'm sure you've met Amy and Calum."

I smile and wave at all of them, " Well it's nice to meet you, Luke and yeah Amy and I share a desk in music. And I saw Calum when he uh came in late." I laugh and look over at Michael.

"Woah, dude did you oversleep again?"

Calum stared at me and avoided Michael's gaze, " Shut up mate this is only the third time!"

My phone vibrated in my pocket, I took it out to see a message from my mother telling me that she would be spending the night at my aunt's place, that I'd be at home alone tonight.

"Well great." I sigh and stuff my phone back into my pocket. Michael frowned and looked at me, "What's wrong?" I shake my head and look back at him, " Nothing it's just my mom is leaving me at home alone tonight." He nods , " If you want I can keep you company, we could play some video games and watch movies if you'd like?"
I smile at him, " Yeah that sounds really nice I appreciate it."

He squeezes my hand under the table- I didn't even notice that we were still doing that. " No problem, m'lady."

"Party for two at my place." i giggle.

"Party? Did you say party?" Luke smiled through a mouth full of chips. " Yeah I-" Luke looked over at Calum and Amy.

" We'll be there. Mind if I bring my friend Ashton?"