The Final A/N

I never thought I'd see the day that I actually properly finished a Wattpad story.

From 20 views to 4,500. From a prologue and two measly 1000/2000-word chapters to the literal 6000 word dump that is A Long Journey's Finale. With all the little NPC friends, questionable humor, an incredibly salty Cappy, talking with you all in the comments... this is probably one of my biggest achievements yet. 

I started this book about one and a half years ago. Whoa, has it really been that long ago? It still feels like yesterday I was writing the Lost Kingdom.

In honor of this, I have three things to share. The first thing is... uh, a pair of "alternate versions"/parodies of scenes from the last chapter, the first being a literal rip-off of one of the most beautiful movies on this Earth and the second created after I noticed a little... coincidence in the wording of Mario's proposal.

Without further ado, I present "Super Mario Ogre-ssey" and "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ". 

EDIT #1

Before Mario could open the doors, Cappy stopped and tapped him on the shoulder. "Mario, wait, wait! You wanna do this right, don't you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"There's a line you gotta wait for. The preacher's gonna say 'Speak now or forever hold your peace'. Then you say 'I object!'"

"I don't have time for this," growled the plumber.

"No! Listen to me. You love this woman, don't you?"

"Yes."

"You wanna hold her?"

"Yes?"

"Please her?"

"Yes!"

"Then you gotta try a little tenderness. Tiara told me that girls love that romantic codswallop."

"All right, cut it out," sighed the young man. "When does this guy say the line?"

"Hold on. I'll check it out." The Bonneter flew up and out, swooping around to one of the back windows as Mario followed.

From his vantage point, the little hat ghost could see everything, from the snails in the back row to the unlucky bride. A Koopa at the altar continued to narrate the whole thing. "By the power vested in me..."

"What do you see?"

"The whole cast of NPCs is there."

The little turtle continued. "I now pronounce you husband and wife..."

Cappy squinted. "They're at the altar."

"...king and queen."

"Blimey! They've already said it."

"Oh, for the love of-" Mario grabbed his buddy and rushed all the way back.Before the wedding could get any further, the iron doors slammed open, a very angry plumber standing in between. "I object!"

Everyone was silent, except for Bowser, who suddenly grinned like a child on Christmas. "WAS THAT A SHREK REFERENCE?"

EDIT #2

The young man, on the other hand, had other matters on his mind. The other three stopped and turned to watch when they saw him walking up to Peach. Even his hat friend seemed to have calmed down enough to watch, his sister also peering at the humans in curiosity.