Prologue.

The war between the political minded and those for revolution broke free; a war waged lasting years. Those who stood tall, those who stood proud, those who stood for what they thought to be right; faded, into the abyss of a new dark age. A world torn by war, ravaged to its very core, a now world without a cure.

One by one the worlds leaders fell, a strain of terror had begun. Spawning the hellish nightmare around us, to this place we call Earth. Families, workers, the population of what we knew as Los Angeles were nothing but dirt beneath the Emperors feet.

A god; he pledged himself as. He ruled with an iron fist upon all those who opposed, and those that did; met a gruesome and grizzly fate...

And here we are, runaways. Our parents met the exact same fate as they begged for our lives in front of the Emperor as they traded theirs.

Cloud and I, would never become consumed in slavery. Our orphanage wasn't our home, and we sure as hell both had the idea we weren't gonna be staying here for much longer.

Basic survival skills just wasn't enough to live in this world, not anymore. The streets and cities were filled with thieves, mercenaries, merchants, assassins, you name it. The poor slept in garbage and filth, entire families had made homes in the alleyways of streets reduced to rubble by years of warfare. The government no longer stood over anyone. Politics was soon forgotten about, and there was nothing anyone could do about it. There were no police, or law enforcements of any kind. No rules, a place to purge your fears and rid yourself of any kind of burden.

No one was there to say what was wrong and what wasn't. No consequences, no reaction. Now you see how important our precious 'Justice System' used to be. Without the government, hell burned our homes and ravaged our cities; and not a damn thing could be done about it.

As for the president of the United States; well, no ones ever seen him since the dawning of this new age. Since the abolishing of the government, chaos has been the cities only choice.

Revolution has begun, and this is my story...