The Accident

• Dedicated to The Vow

They say the worst moments hold the greatest memories, and in a way, it's true.

Like the moment Stella bumped into a ladder dropping the bucket of hot pink colored paint on her. Oh, the embarrasment.

Or how Trevor tried to help her but instead slipped on the paint, sliding across the stage with his back covered in hot pink paint.

But at that moment, that very moment , their paths intertwined.

Stella and Trevor were helping the community center, at the time, to set up the Valentine's Day ''Bash''. It was a dance intended for the prom of students from a local High School. Stella had gone as a way to loosen her mind from working on her architectual project. While Trevor went because he lost a bet and was forced to follow with it and help the community center.

Quickly, Trevor got up and ran, almost falling at every step, towards the speechless and frozen Stella. "Are you alright?" He asked with a hint of worry as he caught his breath. Stella's mouth was agap and her cheeks burned a furious red.

"I-I think I should go." She said not answering his question and scurried towards her purse and the supervisor. She was beyond embarresed and just wanted to curl up in a ball and die right then and there. " I'll clean this up as soon as I clean myself." She said pointing to the scene of the crime. "Please excuse me for this dilemma." She finished hoping the words she chose revealed how mortified she felt.

With a disapproving look he finally nodded and waved his hand to dismiss her. Trevor, on the other hand, couldn't just let her leave.

The moment his eyes landed on her, he knew there was something special about her.

"Uhm, Is. Is there any way I can help you? " Trevor asked, stopping Stella midway from the exit.

Annoyed, she sighed and spoke, avoiding eye contact at all costs. " Can you please let me leave."

Not giving up, Trevor tried one last time. " How about we get a coffee some time?" He asked not caring about having shown his hope mid-sentence.

Stella glanced several time at him. He didn't seem like phsychotic killer that was ready to kidnap and kill her. He was quite handsome as well actually, so... why not?

"If I do, will you let me leave?" She asked, feeling the stares of people around them burn in her skin.

"Cross my heart." Trevor answered. Thinking deeply about the subject Stella soon answered. " Starbucks on the corner of the street. 10 in the morning. Tomorrow." Her words came out in a rush and suddenly her path to the exit was clear.

Parts of the paint on her skin were drying up so she had to move fast. She speed walked all the way to the parking lot, covering her face with her hands and then unlocked the door. Ofcourse she couldn't enter like that, so she grabbed a large blanket in the trunk of the car and placed it on the seat. As soon as it made contact with the seat, she got inside and started the engine to leave.

Trevor let up a victory fist high in the air. The sound of giggles quickly reminded him of his hot pink covered back. A hint of red appeared on his face as he made his way to the supervisor to leave.Luckily he wasn't acting as grouchy as he seemed and let Trevor go home to clean up.

They both let out a sigh of relief as they went on their way.

~

~

~

"I'll get a Caramel Macchiato." Trevor told the Starbucks worker as he tapped the counter impatiently. Stella was still no where at sight and he was beginning to wonder if she bailed on him.