Chapter 1

Stella's POV

It was my first day of twelfth garde. Of course I was nervous I never was able to fit in and I was so different from everyone else. Everyone was popular, but me. Everyone had someone that loved them, not me. I lived with my mom. I hardly ever go to her house. My mom has had a drinking and drug problem since I was five. I usually sign up for after school activities and stay at my friends house after school so I won't have to get abused by my family. I heard a whistle sound that caught me off guard, I looked to my side. It was Luke Hemmings, I saw him last year and every other year. He had the biggest crush on me, I didn't know why he was the hottest and most popular guy in every school.

I walked up to him and he wouldn't stop staring at my chest. He was staring at the necklace he got me in seventh grade for Valentine's Day. He always thought I hated it, but I loved it. He was like a brother to me. He would take care of me and help me in situations. Only thing different between him and a brother is his gigantic crush on me.

"Hey Hemmings." I greeted. He was surprised, was it because I'm talking to him? I never really wanted to talk to him because I kind of had a crush on him too. I didn't want to tell him.

"Hey Stel" He awkwardly returned. He wasn't looking different from all the years, but he got a lip piercing and a new haircut.

"Don't call me Stel my name is Stella!" I shouted not that loud. I kinda liked the way he called me Stel.

"Yea sorry Stella." He smiled I returned the same.

"So you're awkward. What's going on?" The words left my lips before I could think. I didn't want to confront him.

"Well you're talking to me after I kind of embarrassed you in front of fifty people?"he said slowly. I almost forgot about the day he kissed me and said he had a crush on me. It wasn't embarrassing really, it was cute.

"Yea well it wasn't that embarrassing." I mumbled under my breathe. I could hear the sound of a smile forming on his face.

"It wasn't? What was it then?" He questioned blushing. I was blushing too, but I didn't want to answer.

"It was-" before I could finish my friend Calum and his girlfriend were behind me. I turned around and hugged Calum and kissed him on the cheek forgetting that his girlfriend and Luke were watching. I haven't seen Calum since eighth grade. I slowly back up against Luke's locker.

"Hey Stel. This is my girlfriend Regina, you've never met her. We've been dating since summer." Calum said while holding hands with Regina. She was a tall, brunette, and pretty. She had curves and was skinny. She was almost perfect.

"Hi Regina nice to meet you. I'm Stella, I've known Calum since fourth grade. I can't wait to know you better." I hugged her. Calum looked happy with her so I was happy.

"Wait a second why can he call you Stel?!" Luke questioned a little louder than he might've intended to.

I answered with "He's my ummm. He's my cousin. Yea cousin, but you can call me Stel when we talk more." I hope Luke believed that he was my cousin because I am a horrible liar.

"I've known you since day care." Luke laughed.

"Regina and I have to get going, class is staring in 10 minutes. Bye guys." Calum and Regina waved good bye.

"Bye Calum, nice meeting you Regina." I waved good bye as they walked to first period.

"Ummm Stel?"

"Yes Lucas?" I answered.

"My name is Luke not Lucas." He laughed under his breathe.

"My name is Luke not Lucas." I mimicked him in a deep Australian voice.