𝑵𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒆 • 𝑳𝒖𝒄𝒂𝒔

۵

۵

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing making me groan as I reached for it.

I look at the caller ID acknowledging that it was my boyfriend Luca.

I notice it's 2:17 a.m, making me wonder why he's calling me at this time of night

I don't hesitate to answer the call, putting my phone by my ear.

"Hey, why are you calling me at 2 a.m?" I ask with some humour in my voice.

There was a slight pause before he hesitantly spoke: "May I come over?"
His voice was quiet and shaking lightly.

"uh, yeah, yeah sure," I say before he hung up

۵

It had been ten minutes since Lucas last called, and I started getting worried since his house wasn't far away from mine.

I was interrupted from my thoughts as I heard a knock on my window

I turned to look I see Lucas, making me smile lightly

I open the window letting him hop in my room. When he does I notice his usual straight tall frame, is tense and tired, along with his usually bright eyes that were now red.

"Are you okay hun?" I ask as I guide him to my bed

He sits down with me looking down. Now that i think about it, he hasn't looked at me since he got here.

I place my hand on his cheek so he can face me "what's wrong?"

Once he met my eyes, he looked down again "I had a nightmare."

"What happened in that nightmare?" I ask

"You were beside me walking on the rode at night, and then when I noticed you weren't with me anymore, and I just heard you scream coming from the forest. I doesn't sound bad but it gave me so much anxiety and my heart was beating so fast-" his eyes started watering again making me hug him

"Hey it's okay, don't worry about it. You're okay now." he hugged me back tightly for the next minute until I pulled him to lie down with me.

He held me close to him, his face flush against my chest and he too heavy breaths

"You're okay, I'm here."

I want to make him feel better but I don't know what to say.

"Do you wanna go somewhere to make you feel better tomorrow?" I asked but he shakes his head

"I want to stay here, with you. And get KFC and order pizza and sushi and watch Neflix all day." he says with a raspy voice.

I chuckle a little bit at his rambling "Anything for you."

I can feel him smile as he buries his head deeper in my chest.

"I love you" he says, but muffled making me laugh.

"I love you too hun"