♤ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮 ♤

♤ Operation Forgotten ♤

Operation Forgotten

"This is a retrieval mission only. Stay focused, stay alert and stay on mission." The man in charge stated in an urgent tone as everyone geared up.

A female with dyed red hair pulled him aside so that others couldn't over hear them. "Oppa. I want you to have this."

Matthew took the item from her and looked it over. It was a silver watch, nothing super fancy but he could tell it was special because she was the one giving it to him.

"Thank you." Matthew said softly.

"Wherever you are I will find you. That's a promise." The woman whispered as she helped him put it on, her eyes were soft and showed vulnerability.

Matthew put his hand on the back of her neck and pulled her close so that he could kiss her forehead. His voice became a couple of octaves lower as he whispered darkly. "I'll see you in the end."

"Stay on mission." She whispered back then stepped away to finish preparing for their task.

Matthew, who was left by himself, adjusted his new watch then straightened his black tux. He glanced at the other people around the room, his consciousness unable to identify any of them. Matthew cleared his throat to alert the guy in charge.

"Do your job. It's go time." He told Matthew to which Matthew nodded sharply in acknowledgement and then left them all.

Everything became a haze after that, whatever happened in between the time he had no idea. All he knew was that he was in a building with a crystal chandelier above their heads and in his hand was a gun pointed directly at someone who was on their knees begging for him not to shoot. He couldn't bring himself to look at the person and the voice was distorted so he couldn't tell if he was pointing his gun at a male or female.

Why were his eyes fixated on the chandelier? He had no idea but it was the last thing he saw before he heard the sound of a gunshot that didn't come from his own.

*****

Matthew sat up in bed panting and gasping for air. A pool of sweat gathered around his body and he mentally cursed that he has to change his sheets again. He wished he could stop having this dream.

Matthew got out of bed and stripped naked. He changed into a casual shirt and a pair of cotton boxers then stripped the blankets from the bed and took them to the laundry where he loaded them into the washing machine. He turned the washing machine on then walked out to the kitchen in desperate need of a drink of water.

"You're up early." Matthew looked at his brother who was sitting at the kitchen table sipping a cup of tea.

Matthew sighed and took a seat. "I had the dream again Hyung."

Eric gripped his teacup a little tighter. "That's the eighth time this month."

"I know." He sunk low in the dining chair.

"Let me fix you some tea, it might help." Eric said, letting go of his cup and standing up.

Eric was always fidgety and uneasy whenever Matthew tells him about the recurring dream.

"I just don't understand it, Hyung," Matthew watched Eric make him a cup of tea then thanked him when he had the cup passed to him. "What did the person do that was so bad I had to point a gun at them?"

"It's just a dream Jinseok." Eric said reassuringly and put his hand on top of Matthew's.

Matthew nodded with yet another sigh. "You're right Hyung. It's just a dream." Matthew chuckled at the absurdity of it all. "As if I could actually be some kind of hitman."

Eric laughed along with him, trying really hard to see the funny side in it. He retracted his hand so that his brother could drink his tea. They sat there comfortably in silence, drinking their teas.

"Are you meeting up with your friend today?" Eric asked, breaking the silence when he finished his drink.

Matthew nodded. "Taehyung wants to do breakfast this morning before class starts."

"You two are acting awfully domestic lately. Breakfast? Before you know, you'll be doing brunch together." Eric teased.

Matthew groaned. "Hyung! It's not like that," Matthew stood up and put both of their cups in the sink. When he came back he leaned over Eric's shoulder. "Besides breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eat before you're late for work and don't forget to take your lunch in the fridge." Matthew said then kissed Eric's temple.

"Yah!" Eric called out after him when Matthew walked down their hallway. "I'm the Hyung! I'm suppose to take care of you, not the other way around!"

Matthew went and showered then got ready for breakfast with his best friend. He grabbed his side satchel and made sure he had the textbooks he needed for class. Double checked that he had his keys and wallet then put his aviators on before leaving the house. He walked a few blocks down the street before waiting out front of an apartment building. He grabbed his phone and texted Taehyung.

Matthew: I'm here.

Matthew put his phone away and waited patiently. The door of the building opened and Matthew was greeted by the sight of a smaller male with black hair who had the cutest smile on his face.

Matthew beamed at the sight of his best friend and held out his hand knowing that Taehyung will want to hold it while they walked. It had become a habit to hold hands while they walked because their hands fit so perfectly and Matthew had secretly learned to love it.

Taehyung skipped over to him and immediately took Matthew's offer to hold hands. "Good morning, Jinnie."

"Good morning Tae." Matthew greeted and the two of them began walking.

"Where shall we go for breakfast?" He asked curiously.

Taehyung hummed and swung their hands playfully as they walked. "How about that cute little cafe near campus? We could stay there a little longer than usual before class since it's so close."

"Sounds great." Matthew focused on every step he took.