Ch.1 Maria

-Your pov

I don't remember my past, but I don't find it important. It probably wasn't anything special. Most likely school and work. Adulting. Taxes and monthly bills making me live paycheck to paycheck in probably a crappy apartment. But  I live in my own house now and have been enjoying life. I still have a job and bills to pay, but I don't feel stressed so why should I remember the past? What matters is today and today I get paid. Should be good this week since I covered for several coworkers. I don't work anywhere special. Just at a flower shop. I make bouquets and water plants. It gets busy during the spring and summer when people want flowers to plant in their gardens. But it's quiet now since autumn is here. The shop still gets a regular customer every week. Maria comes in to get flowers for her boss. The two of us have been best friends because of it. She tells me time and time again that her boss loves the flower arrangements I make. It was a couple hours before closing when Maria came in wearing her normal brown dress with long sleeves. I smiled at her presence. 

"Maria. How are you today?" I asked while making my way to the flowers. Maria smiled a little as she shrugged her shoulders. 

"Oh the usual. Was it slow today?" She asked as I grabbed some flowers and ribbon. 

"It was a little dead today. It was a little hard to find things to do." I replied while working on the bouquet. Maria watched me work for a couple minutes. 

"Did your boss like the arrangement I made last week?" I asked breaking the silence. 

"He loved it. He always does." She replied making me smile. Maria stared at me for a moment. 

"Have you been sleeping ok?" She asked. I froze for a second. I had a feeling she would notice the bags under my eyes sooner or later. I shook my head. 

"Not as good as I want. I've always been restless, but I never slept through my alarm." I explained as I finished the bouquet. She paid me before I gave the bouquet to her. She was quiet. 

"M-my boss,    he wants to meet you sometime." She said before my eyes widened slightly. 

"Me?  Why does he want to meet me?" I asked before Maria shrugged her shoulders. 

"Don't know. He never told me." She replied. I was a little nervous about meeting her boss. Maria never said much about him. 

"I need to go. You still planning on meeting me at the cafe tomorrow morning?" She asked snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"Ya. I'll see you there." I replied before Maria smiled and left. I cleaned up the store before clocking out. My nerves were going crazy. Maria's boss wants to meet me. Does he seriously like my flower arrangements that much? I pushed the thought out of my head as I locked the doors and made my way home. Hopefully I get a decent amount of sleep tonight. I really need it.

-Jason pov

"I really wish you didn't tell her that I wanted to see her personally." I said as Maria handed me the bouquet. The arrangement was perfect as always. 

"I felt like she should at least have a heads up." Maria replied as she sat down. I looked over at Puppeteer as he finished putting away dolls and puppets. He patted my shoulder and smiled.

"See you tomorrow." He said before walking out of the room. I sighed before walking over to a shelf. I had multiple unfinished toys that needed tending to.

"I'll visit her at the shop in a few days. I want you to stay here when I do. Take care of the puppets while I'm gone." I finished before I turned my focus to Mr. Bunny. His ears were droopier than normal. 

"I miss her too." I stated with a slight smile before I started working on the new toys. There are so many. I just wish I had someone who would play with them.