Ch.12 The Last Memory

-Third pov

Y/n couldn't resist the temptation anymore. She grabbed the stool and stepped up to reach the box resting on the top shelf. She set it down and looked around to make sure that she was alone. She undid the latch before a little toy mouse nudged her hand frantically to keep her from opening it.

"Liquorish I need to know." She whispered before gently setting the mouse aside. It squeaked and was about to rush to her before she opened the box. Her heart stopped at the sight of Mathew encased in wax. She could hear his muffled cries of pain. He had a flower over his lips like all the others, but it was covered in thorns and the petals were dry and brown. Perhaps it was a flower that Jason was planning on throwing away, but he put it on Mathew instead for a symbolic purpose. Y/n felt another presence and looked to see Jason. She carefully set Mathew back in the box with shaking hands. It hurt to see the man she fell for suffering in that little box.
It hurt more knowing that the man she trusted lied about it.

"You      you told me-" She stuttered before taking a shaky breath.

"You said that you             that you didn't." She finished while trying to fight her tears and growing anger.

"He hurt you Y/n. No one will get away with that. I did it for you." Jason said calmly before Y/n shook her head.

"That's not what frustrates me Jason! You lied to me! You promised that you would be honest with me! Ever since I was a child!" She shouted as tears continued to stain her face. Jason was quiet.

"You are my only friend. Every second I had with you meant so much to me. You gave me everything when I had nothing.      It hurts too much." Y/n added before she made her way towards the door.

"Y/n, what are you doing?" Jason asked. Y/n knew that tone better than anyone. He is getting anxious. It will turn to anger.

"I need time away from this. I don't know where I'll go or how long I'll be away-" She said before Jason ran up to her.

"Please don't go. You can't. You're my only friend Y/n. I'll fall apart. Death would be better than living without you." He begged as he grabbed Y/n's shoulders. His hands were tense. Jason was slowly losing it. Y/n sighed before gently grabbing his hands. They relaxed a little as she slowly swung them side to side. It always made him feel better when she was a kid. He seemed confused when Y/n let go.

"This is what I need Jason. To get away from this for a while. I'll be back someday." She finished before turning away and walking to the door.

"            No." Jason growled making her stop. Y/n turned her head to look at him, but he wasn't there. She looked back at the door to see Jason right in front of her. Y/n flinched and took a couple steps back. His eyes were green and his arms were rotting. He quickly grabbed her arms and started pushing her back. Y/n grabbed his hands to try and free herself  but his grip only tightened. Every attempt she made to escape his grasp infuriated him more. Y/n then realized what his intention was. She was beyond terrified.

"No Jason!   Stop!" Y/n yelled as he continued pushing her back. She screamed when she fell onto the table. Y/n desperately fought for her life while Jason strapped her down. He was going to turn Y/n into a toy doll. Just like everyone else before her. As soon as Y/n was restrained, Jason quickly grabbed a syringe and injected some kind of drug numbing her body before grabbing the pot of melting wax. The pot was inches away from Y/n's face. She couldn't stop the tears falling down her face as her hope of escaping disappeared.

"Please!" Y/n yelled as one last attempt to live. Jason didn't move. Their eyes were set on each other. His hands were shaking as he gritted his teeth. He tried to get himself to pour the wax on her. She was going to be a beautiful doll. The one he would cherish more than the others. Yet, he couldn't get his hands to pour the wax on. She was loyal even when she saw him turn. She never abandoned him. There will never be a child like her in his life. Jason sighed as he put the pot of wax down.

"I can't do it Y/n. You're not like them. You are good. You always were. I don't want this to be over. Our friendship is too important to me." He said while she looked at him confused. Then he thought of a solution that he never thought of before.

"I I can fix it.   I can start over." Jason whispered before smiling a little. The thought of saving their relationship gave him so much hope.

"Wha-what are you talking about?" Y/n asked as she silently cried. Jason walked over to a shelf and grabbed a small handful of red powder. In his mind, he can't let her leave, but he can give her something better.

"Everything will be alright Y/n.    I promise." Jason replied before carefully setting the powder on her face. She was still for a moment for she became unconscious. It hurt Jason to do this to her. The memories she cherished will be gone. She won't remember him, but their friendship will have a fresh start. It will be safe now. Jason wiped the powder off her and immediately went to work. He made her the size of a doll before carrying her to the dollhouse he made when she was still a child. Jason made lots of doll-size clothes for her and put them in the dresser and closet. He put her in the bed and made multiple doll buildings. Jason will take care of her. He will provide friends for her. He will give her whatever she wants and needs. He'll never leave her.  H/t will be her world now. Where their friendship can have a second chance.