Chapter 1: Genesis

“Om Namo Venkatesa, Sri Ranganatha, get up Mone”, said Ravish’s father, Mr Roshan. Ravish got up with a lazy stretch and stared at the wall clock, it was 8! Ravish immediately went to brush his teeth and his mom, Mrs Rohini put the Tea for the whole family and kept it on the dining table. Though she herself will reheat her drink several times as it would turn cold after she had forgotten it, repeatedly amidst her daily chores. Ravish went, took bath, dressed up himself, his mom was feeding him till he was wearing his socks and shoes. And he stormed off with his bag, took his cycle, accelerating it to his maximum capacity to reach a school which was a 2-minutes’ drive from his home. Still, the bell rang, his P.T. master’s whistle was heard before he could reach the gate. Still, he threw his cycle in the parking, rushed just to get his bag into his classroom in just the right time and jumped down into the assembly.

“Looks like you’ve pulled it off today!”, this was Ravish’s best friend, Michael. “Yeah, just through the eye of a needle”, “Or, Knee of an Idol”, they had a noiseless laugh in the assembly. Ravish is the Class Leader, Board Leader, Attendance Leader, you name it, Ravish has it. And if he doesn’t, Ananya will be having it. Right from Childhood, if Ravish gets the 1st Rank, Ananya gets the 2nd and vice versa. Though Ravish hated her right from the beginning, nowadays he has started realizing that she has done no harm to him, and she is his well-wisher. Ravish was good at Chess, Cricket and most importantly, Yoga. When his Yoga Teacher wouldn’t come, Ravish would take Yoga classes for his class and below ones. Ravish was a pet of the School, and he loved his school. After school gets completed, he flies back to his home, changes his dress and comes back to take up his Yoga Classes from 4 to 5. Then he Goes to Typewriting class from 5 to 6. From there, he goes to Hindi class from 6.30 to 7.30 P.M. and he returns home by 8 P.M. His mother, Mrs Rohini was the one behind the rest 2 classes, as she always believed that he needed those 2 skills. Mr Roshan has weekend classes for Ravish to prepare him for Competitive Entrance Examinations. So, literally, Ravish has no space to insert a pin in his stack.

Ravish’s cousin, Nitra graduated from The medical college and Ravish’s whole family went for her convocation, to Coimbatore. After convocation, the whole family went on a small tour to Ooty, and then a nearby Spiritual Place called Nandavanam. Ravish didn’t take bath with his family members, nor take a dip in the Pond, owing to his Cold. Then they went to the Sanctum Sanctorum. They had to keep silent for a couple of minutes outside it before entering it. Ravish got astonished on seeing the Huge Sivalinga. They had small separate spaces in there for people to sit. Ravish sat there and started meditating, for the 1st time in his life, he was able to feel and control the working of his chakras. He was actually able to activate his chakras one by one. Muladhara, Svadhishthana, Manipura, Anahata, Vishuddha, Ajna, Sahasrara all got activated one by one, he was able to spread the Lotus on the top of his head and get his Spirit out through the centre of his forehead. He was able to see random things, like, events in the Past, Future mostly from his perspective. He tried to control them to see specific things, but he failed in it. Still, he liked the experience, of connecting with the Omni-presence, Omni-Conscious, of the Universe. He was able to hear that the time was over, he returned through his forehead, in the reverse order, he returned the Chakras in their original state. He yearned to come again to that place but in vain.

Ravish tried to explain what he saw back at the Sanctum Sanctorum to his family. But Ravish himself was not able to understand what happened to his completely, how will his poor family members get him? So, they dismissed his words and went on with the journey.

Ravish was not feeling well; he was not eating, sleeping, or in fact, even excreting properly. So, they went to see a doctor and took tablets, still, it just wasn’t working out for Ravish. So, the family members decided to get back to Chennai. After returning to Chennai, Ravish got all normal, with his usual everyday adrenaline rushes.

But, was he the same Ravish as before? We’ll see it in the times to come!