Chapter 4: Possibility

“Aaah”, yawned Ravish.  It was a lazy morning in the grandmother’s home in Sholinghur.  Ravish was enjoying his summer holidays in his village, a calm, yet well developed one, with petrichor and a cold breeze from irrigated fields throughout the day.  Ravish took a bath in the Pump set in the field with his cousin Mahesh and uncle Anand.  Then ate some mangoes which were not yet ripened and returned home for a tasty brunch with Country Chicken Lollipops. 

         “What a complete life! Wish I could do farming and just stay here, forever”, Ravish said and looked, Mrs Rohini.  “Yes, you could, only if you could at least break a coconut first, Ha Ha Ha”, Mrs Rohini replied sarcastically. 

         Saturday, Ravish, Mrs Rohini and Anand went to ‘The Big Temple’ nearby the village.  The mixed aroma of burning oil, camphor, uninterrupted chanting of Mantras, Sound of ringing bells, Colorful evening Sunlight, Ravish was stunned by the beauty of the temple.  After worshipping Sri Jalanatheswarar, Ravish was teaching Mrs Rohini, Guru Sthotram, the mantra to worship Lord Dhakshinamoorthi or Guru Bhagwan, and someone noticed it.  He called Ravish as Swaminatha (which refers to Lord Karthikeya, as he taught his father, Lord Shiva). 

         Ravish went to him at once.  He was a normal middle class, middle-aged man, who was wearing a white Dhoti and White shirt, in the eyes of Ravish.  “I have been instructed to give you this”, and he gave Ravish, a Silver dollar with the figure of Lord Jalanatheswarar embossed on it on one side and written ‘Om’ on the other side.  Ravish refused to accept it but Mrs Rohini insisted him to receive it.  

         “You will only be able to perceive things which are already familiar to you.  Open your mind, be like a 5-year-old, you will receive more from the endless knowledge ocean of the Space”, he said to Ravish, and he was talking to Mrs Rohini for a while about where he is working, then the three returned home.

         From what the man said, Ravish understood that there are more capabilities to his chakras than he knew.  Keeping this in mind, he tried to wake the chakras using his will power.  Till the 1st 3 chakras, Ravish could concentrate, but then, he wasn’t able to.  Ravish then returned his chakras to the initial state and went to sleep.

         Ravish had a dream, and the things he saw is his dream took his breath away.