trois

3. WELCOME TO LAKE LOQUACIOUS

malachi

it's been a week since i last saw noelle but endlessly she has been on my mind from dusk to dawn.

currently, i was in the living room sipping on cold bitter lemonade and mindlessly flipping through channels on tv. nothing could get my mind off of her and i hated it.

for one. i just met her and she's not exactly as sweet as she looks. two. i do like the way she makes me feel. but three. the disgusting part is that i have these butterflies in my stomach that try escaping through my throat every time she looks my way. it's worse when she touches me.

my phone rings and i instantly pick it up. the ice cubes lightly clink as i swirl the glass cup around.

"ayeee he's alive", is the first thing i hear from trent and i sigh.

"what do you want?"

"i can't call my best friend on a boring saturday afternoon?"

"i'm your only friend"

"sadly, but anyways wanna go to the lake today?"

"actually...YEA! we haven't been in ages. you need me to bring anything?", i ask and run up the stairs to my room.

i dig through my drawer and throw three of my favorite swim trunks on my bed. should i go with blue today...but black brings my skin tone out. maybe i wear black too much but nah there's no such thing. the green one i really like though.

"um maybe bring your confidence", he states and i stop.

"wait what"

"i'm inviting amber and noelle to come with us in a few minutes. see how i'm a good friend and giving you a heads up this time", he tells me and i can practically see him grinning through the phone right now.

"i don't know man.... it'll probably be awkward and we don't know them that well", i say and run my fingers through my hair.

"that's the whole point. you know damn well you wanna see noelle. bring your skin and bones to my house in ten bro", is the last thing i hear before he hangs up.

a heavy sigh leaves my mouth as i look at the swimming trunks in front of me. green it is since i feel i'll need the luck.

twelve mins later, i'm pedaling near trent's house and i see three figures in the distance. amber is standing around awkwardly in the yard with a yellow bathing suit top and black biker shorts. trent, wearing a huge white t-shirt and orange trunks, is on the side of her yapping away. then i focus on noelle, who's dead on looking at me coming.

suddenly i crash into a neighbors mailbox and fall off my bike. my shoulder scraps the sidewalk pavement and i hear pairs of feet rushing towards me.

"how smooth, you idiot!", trent sneers and i groan.

"asking me if i'm okay first would be better", i tell him back while he and amber help me up.

a laugh comes from in front of me and i look up to see noelle smirking.

"you okay there buddy? that must of hurt", she says and continues to smile while eyeing my shoulder which was burning like crazy.

"noelle quit it, did i miss the part where this is funny?", amber spits out and noelle shrugs.

"it's the way he crashed and tumbled, that's all. lighten up little sis, you can't go through life all serious"