Chapter 8

Fontaine stood on the bridge, her hair sitting comfortably on her shoulders, her eyes gazing at the endless miles and miles of ocean ahead. She knew she had to go, but wished she didn't. After all completing this task alone would of been hard but with Finn. It seemed impossible.
"FONTAINE!!" A voice shouted, suddenly Fontaine snapped out of the dreamlike state she had been submerged in for the past 20 minutes.
"Huh?? What??" She turned to face the owner of the voice.
"Where to?" He asked.
"I don't know Finn. But I have an idea" Fontaine walked over to the pilots seat and plugged something in on the controls. A light flashed then glowed a bright green.
"Wha....." Finn asked, confusion echoing through his voice. She turned to look at him. A look of confusion was painted on his face, she looked back at him as if he was stupid.
"I'm tracking the location of the call. And by the average speed at which Alpheus's submarine travels x the amount of minutes it's been I have worked out the approximate location of Alpheus's sub" She smiled. Finn just stared at her, gobsmacked. He couldn't believe how smart she was.
His family had always said 'Fontaine's the musical one Ants the smart one' but Fontaine was incredibly smart.
"Ok let's go!" She smiled at him and set the course for Alpheus.
After about 20 minutes Finn went to get some food. Well they hadn't finished unpacking, he grabbed a bag of chips and went back to Fontaine.
"Hey So how long until we get there?"
"Umm about 7 hours"
"What!!!!"
"Well he keeps moving; so it could be longer"
"I'm going to watch TV"
"Ugh fine. Just leave me on my own"
"Fine I'll stay"
"Awe your too sweeeer" he rolled his eyes as she smirked. Soon enough her contagious smile infected him and a smile appeared on his face.
    The two teens continued to chat happily for hours until finally they were there.
"This is it Finn. We're here"