Arc 2 Chapter 37: Party Time

The coach slowed to a stop and Damien glanced to the other side of it, looking out the window. The road curved along to the left and there was a procession of other coaches, all ranging from Bronze to Gold, waiting in line in front of them up to a point where it looked like they would stop, unload, and then depart. The one they were currently riding in was the only one above Gold.

"What is all of that about?" he asked Oryen, turning to look at the matching couple before him.

"It is the introduction of course," Oryen responded. "Oh! Dear, the young Ms. Duflos escorted by her father and Sriel. So he finally comes out with it, I am happy for the man."

Damien lifted his eyebrow in confusion. He hadn't heard...

Right...

His eyebrow went back to its normal position.

"She is a good woman," Petrina stated bluntly. "Pushes the man to be better, takes care of his affairs that he cannot attend to due to his hectic lifestyle... He is lucky," she finished with a nod.

Damien sat, almost surprised enough at the sheer quantity of words that had come out of the woman's mouth to make a remark. That was the most she'd ever spoken in his presence since they'd met but he wasn't suicidal enough to say that.

She has a pleasant voice.

"Wait, escorted?" Damien asked.

Oryen nodded. "We are yours apparently," he said with a chuckle. "Our daughter wants us to accept you so she is making us do everything with you. Not the best tactic, but it's either this or argue with her, right?"

"Fair enough," Damien sighed out as the coach slowly advanced forward.

~~~~~

"Well what about Taylor?" Kastra asked. "Or Jordan? Robin? Dani-"

"No, no, no. No more suggestions, we have to get ready," Alexa interrupted, causing Kastra to roll her eyes.

"It's not like we have to be on time and this is more fun," the Fae protested with a pout.

"Lexi is right though," Emily countered with a sigh from where she sat on the bed, cross-legged. "But you are cute when you complain like that."

Kastra grinned.

The three were in Alexa and Damien's room, supposedly dressing. At least that was what they'd told Garrett when they'd locked him out. And when he'd knocked on the door thirty minutes later.

Instead, they'd been sitting around and catching up for the past hour, telling stories and asking question after question, eventually leading to talking about the newest family member. Damien and Alexa's parents had just left and considering the time, they'd be missing introductions if they didn't get ready soon.

"At least tell us whether we are getting a little brother or sister," Alexa randomly demanded, pivoting her body on the bed to stare intently at Emily.

"I thought we had no time?" Emily asked with a shake of her head.

"We don't for a long-winded conversation but... oh just tell us already, we won't tell Damien. We promise, right?" Alexa pleaded.

Kastra nodded her head to that and Emily stopped shaking her head, looked up, and smirked.

"Alright, but if he asks, I never told anyone."