Need You Now

Need You Now: One Shot

Ashley’s POV

“Hindi yan totoo, Caleb. I will never ever do that to you. You know that I love you…” Paliwanag ko.

“Then what the fuck is this?!” Sigaw niya sa akin sabay bato ng mga litrato ko kasama si Adrian, Ex ko.

“We accidentally met yesterday at the mall! He just gave me a friendly hug at beso lang iyon, Caleb! Believe me! I’m not cheating on you!” Paliwanag ko pa ulit pero umiling lang siya.

“Cassandra said she saw you and she took pictures as proof. She saw you with Adrian! So don’t lie to me! Don’t fucking lie!” Sigaw niya sa akin, kitang kita ko sa mga mata niya ang galit.

“I’m not lying to you! Bakit ba ayaw mo akong paniwalaan? And Cassandra? Don’t you see it? She’s clearly trying to break us! And how we respond to it will define us, our relationship Caleb!” Sigaw ko pabalik sa kanya. He blankly just stared at me.

“Still, I don’t believe you.”

Natigilan ako sa sagot niya. He doesn’t believe me. Mas pinaniwalaan niya pa si Cassandra, his bitch ex-girlfriend. It hurts to hear that from him. The man that you love doesn’t even believe you? It hurts a lot. Hindi ko na kinaya pa at tumulo na ang mga hula kong kanina pa nagbabadyang bugmasak.

“You really don’t trust me, do you? Fine. Paninawalaan mo ang gusto mong paniwalaan, Caleb. It’s sad that you turned into everything you said you’d never be. I can’t believe you don’t trust me at all. That you chose Cassandra’s words over mine.” With that umalis na ako.

He doesn’t trust me…

Caleb’s POV

Sinundan ko siya. I saw her car stopped in front of an ice cream parlor. Agad siyang bumaba. Papungas-pungas pa siya ng mga luha sa mga mata niya. Then biglang may nabangga siya. Muntik na siyang bumagsak sa sahig pero nasalo ka agad siya ng lalaki and

It’s Adrian…

Agad-agad  akong bumaba ng sasakyan. Ngayon umiiyak na naman siya. Nakatabing ang mga kamay niya sa mukha niya and her shoulder were shaking sa paghagulgol niya. Agad namang niyakap ni Adrian si Ashley, napapikit na lang ako ng madiin.

I’m such a douche bag.

Lalapit na sana ako pero I saw Ashley hugged back Adrian and cry over his shoulder. And then I realize that I just made her cry, I push her away. I just gave her a reason to leave me.

“You really don’t trust me, do you? Fine. Paninawalaan mo ang gusto mong paniwalaan, Caleb. It’s sad that you turned into everything you said you’d never be. I can’t believe you don’t trust me at all. That you chose Cassandra’s words over mine.”

I remembered all my promises to her…

“I’ll always believe you. No matter what.”

“I will never make you cry, Ashley. I promise.”

“We’ll always fix all the problems. I’ll stand by your side every fight will have. Always, Ashley.”

And I just broke it…

“You turned into everything you said you’d never be.”

Walang ano-ano sumakay ako pabalik sa kotse. Tamang-tama sa ganitong oras may bukas ng bar. Pumunta ako sa pinakamalapit na bar. Sa pagkapasok sumalubong agad sa akin ang isang malungot na kanta.

~Picture perfect memories
Scattered all around the floor
Reaching for the phone 'cause
I can't fight it anymore

And I wonder if I
Ever cross your mind
For me it happens all the time~

Magpapakalunod na lang ako sa alak. I don’t know what to do anymore. Nasakatan ko si Ashley. I fucking hurt her. Bakit ba kasi hindi ko agad siya pinaniwalaan?!

Inunahan ako ng selos, takot, at galit…

~It's a quarter after one
I'm all alone
And I need you now
Said I wouldn't call
But I've lost all control
And I need you now

And I don't know how
I can do without
I just need you now~

This is my entire fault. Now our relationship is on the edge. I can’t lose her. I can’t afford to lose my fiancée. I can’t lose the love of my life. I can’t afford to lose my life. I just can’t.

~Another shot of whiskey
Can't stop looking at the door
Wishing you'd come sweeping
In the way you did before

And I wonder if I
Ever cross your mind
For me it happens all the time~

Sa panglimang bote ng alak, memories came flashing back in my mind. The happy memories, all through the years were together. Her birthdays, my birthdays we both celebrated together, just the two of us. My proposal, or month-saries, our first and second anniversaries. All of it, those perfect memories came rushing back.

~It's a quarter after one
I'm a little drunk
And I need you now
Said I wouldn't call
But I've lost all control
And I need you now

And I don't know how
I can do without
I just need you now

Whoa, whoa
Guess I'd rather hurt
Than feel nothing at all~

Pagkaubos ko nung alak ay agad akong tumayo. Pupuntahan ko siya. I love her and I can’t lose her. I need her.

Pagkadating na pagkadating ko sa bahay niya agad akong kumatok . Ilang sandali lang ay nagbukas ang pinto. Wala na akong sinayang na oras pa at niyakap ko siya agad.

“I’m sorry, Ashley. I’m so sorry.” Hagulgol ko sa kanya at mas hinigpitan ang pa ang pagkakayakap ko sa kanya.

“I’m sorry too, Caleb.” Umiiyak na rin siya. Bumitaw ako sa pagkakayakap ko sa kanya at pinunasan ang mga luha niya.

“Ashley, please don’t leave me, okay? Please don’t leave me. I love you, Ashley. So much. I need my life. I need you now and forever.”

Ivy.