Chapter Twenty-one

Patuloy pa rin ang kaganapan at ngayon ay sa table naman namin ngayon papunta ang celebrant. Kanina pa ito nagpapaikot ikot at kinukuhanan ng litrato.

“Hi couz! We'll take a picture but before that, may I know who's this gorgeous woman?” she's referring to me of course.

“Ah yeah, Marg. She's Rein. Nakilala namin siya habang nagbabakasyon.”

“Hi Rein! I guess you knew me. These men are close to you so you can call me Marg. Let's take a picture!” nakailang shot din kami bago matapos.

“Ahm, mind if I borrow Rein?” pagpapaalam niya. Kung pwede lang, I reject. She's kind of—hell.

“Why?” asked Gino.

“Hey, man! Possessive?”

“Tsk.”

“Come on, Gino. She's all yours, haha!” wala namang nagawa kundi ang sumama ako sa kaniya.

She's pulling me until we reached the corner of the backyard.

“What’s with you and Gino?” to be honest, I don't like the smile she's giving me.

It's like, half genuinely and half...threat.

“Uh, nothing?”

“Not sure?”

“It’s nothing.”

Natawa naman siya. At ako ay nakatingin lamang sa kaniya.

“I know you're up to something.” napakunot noo ako sa sinambit niya.

“So mind telling me why are you here? I mean, where do you from? I've never heard your name from them.” she's motioning those three.

What will I'm going to say? Hey, brain.

“Ah, can't say. You know, may pinagtataguan lang. But I'm here because I want to forget? Like other's doing, moving on?” napatango naman siya and I know, I'm sure I saw it, she grinned just in seconds.

“So you're broken?” hell.

“Not that. My parents died.” nagulat naman ito sa sinabi ko.

“Sorry for that.”

“It’s fine. Not at all.”

Napagpasyahan na niya ring umalis but before that, she said something that made me spaced out.

“You know, Rein. You know nothing but bullshit. Never learn? I'll say this as a friend, don't trust anyone, even yourself can betray you. Who knows? Maybe someday, yourself will bring you to death, that will surely come nearly starting today.”

What's the meaning of that? Starting today, huh.

“Who are you, Margarette?”

———

“Susunduin ka na sana ni Gino sa pwesto mo e. Bakit ka nga pala naiwan doon?”

“I just noticed earlier, I hate crowds.”

“You hate crowds but you love seeing hundreds of people dying, of course there's a big difference, the extant and the dead.”

Napatingin ako si likod ni Leandro.

What the fuck is happening to me?

Nakatitig lang ako sa tatlong nagdadaldalan sa harap ko. Especially to Leandro.

But he seems so normal.

I looked at Marg and I caught her looking at me as well. But someone called her so I end up watching her.